“Service, Atmosphere, Food ... It All Works Together Beautifully”
Review of Casa Fuerte

Casa Fuerte
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Tlaquepaque
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

What a charming restaurant! I met a friend who lives here in Tlaquepaque to do some shopping, and we both decided we needed to sit down, have a drink, and relax. Thank you Casa Fuerte for being there! The margaritas were both timely and perfect; the room inviting without pretense, and the live music relaxing and unintriusive. We both started with soup: a creamy tortilla for him and an even creamier poblano for me; both were welcome teasers for our entrees: filet with mushrooms for him, and chicken stuffed with huiticoche served with pumpkin mole for me - enough said :) With another margarita each, our bill, including tip, came to $63.00 US - I challenge you to get a comparable meal in the US for that price! I'll come back for sure.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a little more than my budget can normally stand and I have found other restaurants in Tlaquepaque I prefer over Casa Fuerte.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food was well prepared and interesting. I had a steak with a chocolate/coffee gravy that was excellent. Try the chamorro if you're really hungry! Delicious! The service was just so-so, but the quality of the food made up for it. This restaurant is right in the center of the shopping district. Very convenient!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I spent a day shopping in Tlaquepaque and found Casa Fuerte the perfect place to relax and recharge our engines for more shopping. Located in a beautiful courtyard filled with plants and umbrellas, it's an oasis from the heat and crowds on the street. Our waiter was friendly, efficient and spoke English, a welcome plus.
The salsa was agreeably spicy and complex and the chips thin and crispy. We sampled the tortilla soup, a wonderfully rich version, and chicken mole which had the rich complexity one would expect in Mexico. The entire experience was quite enjoyable and prepared us for the second round of shopping. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Centrally located in an old garden setting, this restaurant offers dishes you won't find most places. My favorite Chillies in Nogada are a delight and the Mole is excellent.