“A one night stay”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Gandia
Valencia, Spain
“A one night stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed one night to go to a Dinner a short distance away, the greeting at reception was friendly and we didnt need to use any Spanish as the young lady spoke English.
The bedroom was a good size and well appointed but I dropped some money on the floor and when kneeling down to pick it up I saw a used tissue a pamphlet and a sizable amount of dust under the bed.
Breakfast was good value and adequate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ian S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in August and used it as our base to explore the region. The hotel staff were very friendly and exceeded our expectations. We had been told this area is predominanlty used for a holiday by Spanish people and not international tourists and that seemed to be the case. That said, it doesnt hurt to try and speak a little Spanish. We found the hotel staff and all the shopkeepers we met were friendly and appreciated our feeble efforts with smiles and helpfulness. On arrival we were given a 10th floor room which meant we benefitted from the cooling breeze out on the balcony overlooking to the seafront. We had gone for the half board option and I have to say that the buffet meals are the best I have had in any hotel. One other bonus was that aside from breakfast you can choose each day to have either lunch or dinner as your 2nd meal of the day under this option. The room was very nice and cleaned well each day, the staff were great and the food was delicious. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area. One word of caution, if you are in a car then make sure you contact the hotel to book one of the 10 parking spaces in their underground garage. If you dont then I wish you luck trying to find a car parking space anywhere near the hotel in August.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are cooler with the breeze. Also quieter from being away from the bars an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chellaw
Scotland
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here for a week from 22/08/2011.
Staff helpful and friendly, Bedroom clean and good size. Food was excellent, good variety of choice from the buffet at Dinner.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GaryThomasHScotland
Reviewed November 27, 2010

...for a good price. Friendly staff and free WiFi. Location is okay - beach is not far away.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Tritratraveller
Villach, Austria
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Before my arrival all my questions have been answered immediately, when I arrived there I got a nice, clean room on the 8th floor with a wonderful view and a large balcony. The staff was really helpful and caring, gave me all necessary advices, the bar keeper liked to chat with me and made good coffee (she really deserved a tip!), drinks at the bar were also cheap.
To relax at the gorgeous pool outside was what I really needed after business meetings during the day, I will surely stay again at Cibeles Playa, though next time I would prefer a vacation than a business trip.... :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank Polsterzipf
Isleworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We usually stay at the higher end of the scale of hotels on a proper holiday, but we have a holiday home near here which was undergoing renovation and was not ready for us to stay in so we literally needed somewhere to sleep at night. The friendly receptionist gave us a top floor room with a huge sweeping balcony when my husband asked if our room had a good sea view (it is 5 streets back from the beach so you need the height) - not good for me as I can't stand heights but that was my husband's fault!! I enjoyed the view from inside the room anyway and from a chair sat right back from the edge.
It seemed to be full of senior citizens' special outings when we were staying - who all seemed to be haivng a woderful time playing cards in the airy reception area and doing some kind of Spanish version of line dancing in the disco area in the evening!
At only 70 Euros a night it was very cheap. The only real downside for us was that the breafast was awful - with undrinkable orange juice and coffee from machines - very unusual for Spain even in the most humble of establishments. We therefore didn't eat breakfast there again nor did we try the resturant based on our experience (there are several good ones nearby anyway). We bought freshly squeezed orange juice from the Carrefour supermarket round the corner and had coffee at a restaurant for breakfast instead.
I would recommend it for people on a very tight budget as being fairly well situated, modern and clean, but I have said no to recommending it to a friend as most of ours would expect higher standards, but I would recommend it to my backpacking children in their twenties and their friends on the basis of the low cost.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple