“Terrible”

Mytilus
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Sotogrande
Cuisines: Belgian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mytilus is a Belgian restaurant located in the stylish Port of Sotogrande, in beautiful Andalusia. The casual & family-style ambiance is perfect for informal business lunches and fun dinners with friends! Take advantage of the terrace's calm setting on a beautiful day or sit inside for a more private meal. Custom menus are available for groups & private events, please get in touch to make a reservation and discuss your event! Mytilus is currently open on Monday to Saturday for dinner, and on Sunday for lunch and dinner.
Malaga, Spain
“Terrible”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been to the Mytilus once, we were nearly the only table, it was winter time. Service was poor and really slow. Food was ok. Overall experience bad.
We went back to the Italian sister restaurant (they share the kitchen I think) and again we were 7, ordered pizzas and service was poor, really slow (even if we were the only table). Food just ok. Vinegar had mosquitos on it on the table, no apologize when we told the waiter.
We will never go back to any of them. There are many good restaurants in the area, no need to give these ones a second chance.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Ana G

Spain
“Awful”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I were there very recently and found the service slow but when food arrived we found what seemed a bit of plastic on my husbands steak, when we told the waitress there was no apology and was told basically it was nothing we should be concerned about!! Will not be returning, apart from the whole awful experience it is not cheap.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank ConnieSpain
Sotogrande, Spain
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went for a family dinner here, the food was excellent, my brother had steak which was cooked to perfection and in a divine sauce, my mum had gone for fish which was equally delicious, you'd be hard pressed to find something on the menu that wasn't delicious. On top of that the service was excellent, with the waiters topping up your glass before they got too low, my dad was well impressed.

When my parents return for another visit in November Dad's already told me to ensure I've booked a table for their first night in Spain :)

Visited October 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“An excellant night out”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Dined at Mytilus for the first time with family down in Spain. Could not fault this place , the food and service where excellant , was advised it was a bit expensive and seeing as I was the banker for the night was exppecting a heavy hit on the plastic , well in context there are cheaper places around BUT , you do not get the quality and most of all the portion size that you get at this place , no Mary Mingebags in the kitchen , great portions.
One of the freebee family had the muscles with melted cheese , OMG they were to die for , I had the suckling pig , sex cooked in a pot me dears , the rest of the fam all enjoyed it immensely.
Do not be put off by the price , worth every penny and and spot on for Spain. Just one small point although the waitress was very attentive she left the smile button back home , would of been better even if she had wind (well it makes babies smile) (-:

• Visited October 2012
“Shocking service, simply don't understand how to run a restaurant”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ordered food, table for three. When the food came two of the dishes needed to be sent back, no apology, no explanation. 20 mins later, 10 minutes after the one diner with food had finished their meal the remaining two diners received their 'new' dishes.

Unbelievably they had kept the original fish and reserved it, now dry, with spoiled/curdled sauce.

When we complained the manager refused to speak with us and literally scurried back into the restaurant to avoid us. Eventually, after our persistance he came out and took one of the meals off the bill, didn't apologise and didn't understand what the problem was.

In truth the meal could have been good if the chef hadn't sent out incomplete, uncooked food (just plain lazy) or if the service ha corrected the error properly.

Sadly, the manager was ineffectual and unprofessional, the waitress untrained and disinterested an the chef either incompetent, lazy or both.

Very sad. As a resident of Soto it's very difficult to bring myself to criticize the local restaurants as we do depend on them staying open but enough is enough, this place should ship up or ship out!!!

1 Thank MJR_Sotogrande