“Wish I had walked on by.........”
Review of The Spinnaker - CLOSED

The Spinnaker
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The setting attracted us, it really is beautiful.
We ordered a salad starter followed by some chicken fajitas.
And we waited and waited- a couple sat near to us, they seemed to know the waiter,
Probably regulars, and we waited- and waited. The regulars had their more complex
Starters, followed shortly after by their mains, more wine sir? Water perhaps? Etc etc
Meanwhile the only other table to be attended, ours was seemingly ignored. I didn't catch
The chaps name so I'll refer to him as "Manuel" ( but less competent). Manuel, came over
"more coffee?" I reminded him that we had been waiting for some time and eventually, over
An hour after we had sat down we were served with BEEF fajitas- send them back I hear you say- nope, having waited for over an hour we decided to just eat - soon after our desert ( salad!) arrived we just laughed. By the time we'd decided to pay there was nobody around- nobody aside from a young lady shuffling cutlery. Fawlty Towers? No, worse much worse- I wish I had walked on.by.............never, ever again. If you re interested in cheap food and beer, "fill your boots" if you enjoy a modicum of service and getting what you ask for and in the correct order then forget it.

12  Thank Rawstylus

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stopped here for a cold beer and a spot of lunch. Well the beer did not disappoint with San Miguel at 2 Euros a pint! The food (pizza / Caesar salad) was good quality and reasonably priced. Add in the great view of the wate, comfy seating options with plenty of shade and it all adds up to a very pleasant lunch spot.

Highly recommended and looking forward to returning.

1  Thank Baxie
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Poached eggs for E3! You cant beat that in Sotogrande. Plus they are prepared perfectly. Seats are so comfortable, you will want to sit here for hours. We walk our dog along the pier and have some breakfast. During the week you will get a table, but watch out in summer this place is crowded. The perfect place to relax in the afternoon, lots of shade and great beer.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I went went there with my mum recently ehrn she cam to visit, the service and food were both good, but the best part for me was the location.
Set in the new part of Sotogrande, it was lovely sitting somewhere so peacefull without the traffic noise of the main port.
Nowhere better for a relaxing afternoon watching the world go by.

1  Thank julie h
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Cant believe the reviews i am seeing.
I am a regular visitor to The Spinnaker and am amazed at some of the reviews,
The Spinnaker is by far the cheapest Bar in Sotogrande and the prices for food extremely competitive, perhaps the people who complained have never been to the Hairy Lemon or the Ke Bar in Sotogrande where prices are a far higher. Or they are used to spending time in Budget areas. Sotogrande is along way from kiss me quick hats and 1 euro a pint establishments.
The setting is beautiful and i can honestly say, that an afternoon or evening in Spinnakers is the perfect wayto relax.
The food has always been to a very high standard, on my visits and the staff always eager to please.
I appreciate that obviously sometimes things do go wrong in any establishment, but dont be put off, these, i am sure are unusual to say the least.

1  Thank Paul E