“Great Tapas, friendly service”
Review of La Verandah

La Verandah
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Sotogrande
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leeds
“Great Tapas, friendly service”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

2012 saw the introduction of a proper tapas menu -"at last "we thought "Jose's scrap of paper with his tapas on is no more". Not so - all the nightly specials are on a piece of paper produced from his pocket!! - If you want to know what the specials are ask - the list is not always produced!

That said the Tapas are excellent value, imaginative, nicely presented and very filling. We manage about 2 or 3 tapas each and a pudding to share (4 boules of ice cream is just too much for one person).

Out of all the restaurants in Torreguadiaro this is the best (in our opinion).

• Visited February 2013

San Roque, Spain
“Elegant food : snug restaurant”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Most restaurants in Spain are cold and unwelcoming in Winter, not La Verandah. It's open flaming fire is welcoming are the owners. The food is beautifully presented and delicious. I've never been disappointed and I've eaten there often.
Fairly new to the Verandah are the tapas which are great value for money & much more ample portions than the usual tapas.
For me this is the best restaurant in the area & beats many of the swanky Marbella restaurants. It's just a pity that they do not have a large open air terrace for the summertime but the food makes up for any short falls in that department.

2 Thank TGcity
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great chef”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nice food, very well presented. Had a superb Salmorejo and a delicious Cochonillo. Menu was very cheap for the area. I recommend!

Gibraltar
“just the ticket for a special occasion”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have eaten with my wife and friends at the restaurant numerous times and always find it brillinat, The owner/head waiter is fantastic and takes a lot of pride in the way his restaurant is run and presented. food is fabulous and the portion sizes are huge, I can' remember the last time I had 3 courses there, it's usually just the 2.
My wife and I used to travel 45 minutes to Marbella to our favorite restaurant but once we found this one, we go there each time we have a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday. We even went on boxing day last year and the standard was just as good even though they were busy.
I agree with the other reviewer that you will not be disappointed at this restaurant and in my opinion it is far better value for money than many middle of the road Sotogrande port establishments.

• Visited December 2011
Sotogrande, Spain
“Best in Soto!”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This restaurant is situated in a small town called Torreguadiaro, which is just a short distance outside Sotogrande, a short drive from the port area, and more or less adjacent to the beach.

The restaurant is not exactly stunning from the outside, situated on a main road, but certainly does not disappoint inside.

It is a family run place, I have visited several times and have never had a bad meal. There are plenty of fish and meat dishes to cater for everyone, along with an extensive list of specials. The food is immaculately presented, and rivals anything you will get along the coast.

Prices are not exactly cheap, but are cheaper than those in Sotogrande port, and a whole lot better!

Take my advice, as I doubt you will be disappointed.

• Visited January 2012