“just the ticket for a special occasion” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Verandah

La Verandah
Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Sotogrande
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gibraltar
“just the ticket for a special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have eaten with my wife and friends at the restaurant numerous times and always find it brillinat, The owner/head waiter is fantastic and takes a lot of pride in the way his restaurant is run and presented. food is fabulous and the portion sizes are huge, I can' remember the last time I had 3 courses there, it's usually just the 2.
My wife and I used to travel 45 minutes to Marbella to our favorite restaurant but once we found this one, we go there each time we have a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday. We even went on boxing day last year and the standard was just as good even though they were busy.
I agree with the other reviewer that you will not be disappointed at this restaurant and in my opinion it is far better value for money than many middle of the road Sotogrande port establishments.

• Visited December 2011

Sotogrande, Spain
“Best in Soto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

This restaurant is situated in a small town called Torreguadiaro, which is just a short distance outside Sotogrande, a short drive from the port area, and more or less adjacent to the beach.

The restaurant is not exactly stunning from the outside, situated on a main road, but certainly does not disappoint inside.

It is a family run place, I have visited several times and have never had a bad meal. There are plenty of fish and meat dishes to cater for everyone, along with an extensive list of specials. The food is immaculately presented, and rivals anything you will get along the coast.

Prices are not exactly cheap, but are cheaper than those in Sotogrande port, and a whole lot better!

Take my advice, as I doubt you will be disappointed.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank CrookyCymru
Dublin , Ireland
“first class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

Have eaten in La Verandah a couple of times now over past 3 years - superb food. The list of specials is almost as long as the menu ! Fish , meat - food for everyone. Well run by Pepe and his team. We'll be back again no doubt.

• Visited October 2011