“My New Favorite Place”

Sabinillas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My New Favorite Place”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have been driving by this place the last year or so and never went in. Today, we took two friends over there and we were so very pleased. First, the service was excellent, young Sarah was at the table in a blink and got drink orders in an instant. Then she helped us translate the menu, which is written on the wall to aid our selection. The food came out quickly in fair-sized portions, was perfectly prepared, and artfully presented. It is not run-of-the-mill tapas, but shows a lot of creativity, combining Spanish, Asian and other European cuisines. My choices were divine and I tried a taste of everyone else's. Every bite was a delight! Since it is only a mile from my house, I will be going over there two or three times a week. One suggestion: they should have the menu also available in English to help the Brits and Americans who don't speak Spanish to understand what they are ordering! Good wine, good food, great service worth the money. As Arlnold said, "I'll be back!"

• Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
La Cala de Mijas, Spain
“Out of this world tapas. Simply the best.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Quite simply, this is the best tapas bar around. Not your traditional Spanish tapas bar but a mix of Asian and Spanish fusion.

The staff are exceptional, the presentation is wonderful and the experience is simply the best.

Needless to say I am now a regular.

2 Thank beanbaguk
torreguadiaro
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Excellent food, great presentation and by far the best place to eat around Sotogrande. A must eat place.

• Visited February 2013
“Better than the reviews...This is the best modern Tapas I have had!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Ive been coming to the area for 20 years +, I can say this is the most adventurous, and well cooked Tapas I have tasted, worth a trip, service wonderful , portions a tad on the small side, but the flavour more than makes up for this, absolutely fantastic ;0)

Athens, Greece
“Just excellent”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Delicious tapas, many times combining spanish with asian cousine. All dishes are very creative - chefs do an excellent job. It is one of a kind. Service is also perfect.

We visit Pura Tapa at least once every week.

• Visited January 2013