“New, beige, heating not very effective”

Best Western Plus Hotel & Spa de Chassieu
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chassieu
Middle England
“New, beige, heating not very effective”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I spent 2 nights here recently whilst visiting a supplier. It's certainly new, there are none of the typical scrapes to the paintwork you get from wielding luggage after a long journey.

My room wasn't huge; all the walls were beige, and BW dont appear to have bought any artwork yet, so a tad bare. The TV on the other hand, is a huge flat screen - the only place to watch it is from the other side of the room, in bed.

The desk isn't very deep, and the chair is very heavy, not comfortable to work at. And the wifi isn't free either.

The wardrobe space is open plan, and unfortunately in the way of the heater - so this heats the area ahead of the desk, and little else. It certainly doesn't heat the toilet, which is separate to the bathroom, and being beige, is like sitting in a cardboard box.

The only problem I had was with the electrics - you have to put your room card into a slot for them to work - this made so much noise buzzing that I gave up and took it out when I went to bed. And all the corridor lights are on motion sensors too - so when you take your card out of the slot and head for the door, it's pitch black - and also pitch black outside until the detector spots you.

I ate in the Brasserie one night, which was very good, and in the bar the next night - from the same menu, although it was 23 euros cheaper. And warmer.

Staff all very friendly and helpful, even at 4.45am - thanks Frederic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anionfan
HoteldeChassieu, Gérant at Best Western Plus Hotel & Spa de Chassieu, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
We are glad to read that you appreciated the friendship and helpfulness of our staff. Your message will be transmitted to our night operator Frederic.
Actually, you just had to log your card in the according spot in your room to activate the electrical system. We decided to implement this system for eco-friendly reasons. Therefore, there is no waste in energy and you can benefit from an eco-friendly structure to enjoy your stay.
We would be very pleased to welcome you again in our hotel. I personally guarantee the convenience of our hotel for stays of any lengths that totally meets the requirements of an authentic BEST WESTERN PLUS hotel.
Please feel free to visit us again and check my previous engagements.
We would be glad to welcome you in our fully renovated hotel.

Aurélie Rocher, Directrice du BEST WESTERN PLUS Hôtel de Chassieu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Not so easy to locate but very close to Eurexpo. The place is quiet and brand new, the whole hotel is fashion and the overall equipment is modern. The food was outstanding! There is coffee and a small Evian bottle in the room (included).

Room Tip: To reach the reception desk dial 9 on the room's phone as its isn't mentioned on their summa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Newenvies
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have booked this hotel for my stopover from the South of France. I managed to get an insanely good deal for a room there on booking.com. I don't want to go through the whole story (there were some complications with the booking due to my error), but the staff (Matthew) did they absolutely best to sort that out, to show the utmost flexibility and to offer me the best free upgrade for my Best Western Diamond status.

The hotel turned out to be with no fault. Everything with good modern and fresh design (it had been opened just two weeks earlier). The staff was very helpful. Wifi was free and fast and just everywhere - rooms and lobby. Very modern tv system in the room. The room was very spacious offering ample space also for an extra bed for my son. The breakfast in the morning did not have a huge choice, but that was understandable as it was a weekend and I think only two rooms were occupied. BUT, whatever it could not offer in variety it more than made up for it with the excellent quality. Everything was fresh, good quality, clean and very tasteful.

Very nice bathroom and extremely comfortable beds - I felt very refreshed in the morning.

The location is very good too. Maybe not perfect for exploring central Lyon (understandable as it the hotel is on the outskirts of the city), but in a very pleasant and clean neighbourhood reminding more of German than French cities. It strikes a good balance in two ways - it is just 2 minutes drive from Lyon's eastern bypass motorway and yet far enough for the traffic not to be heard. Also - it is very close to the expo grounds, but it is NOT one of those business hotels in the middle of a very depressing and abandoned industrial estate.

Certainly perfect for business or for a one night stopover.

Room Tip: I looked at the plan and it seems that there is a choice of rooms with bathroom and toilet together...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ArtsAndWines
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely thank you for your feedback about the quality and reliability of our staff. This strengthens our motivation to offer you the best service possible. We are also really glad to read that you appreciated the design of the hotel and the quality of our restaurant.

I look forward to welcome you again,

Aurélie Coquerel, Directrice du BEST WESTERN PLUS Hôtel de Chassieu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chassieu
Hotel Crowne Plaza Lyon - Cite Internationale
Mama Shelter Lyon
Mama Shelter Lyon
#6 of 194 in Lyon
Hotel Gatsby by HappyCulture

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel & Spa de Chassieu? Share your experiences!