“An enjoyable night out”

Calda Pizza
Ranked #22 of 83 Restaurants in Iligan
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I bring my family here every now and then. It is in an enclosed lot so the kids can play without getting lost. It is located in The Strip amongst an number of other eateries and coffee houses.
Calda provides a fairly comfortable seating area under cover. There is a two person band playing there which provides the entertainment for the patrons.
Food wise they have a super size pizza of around 36 inches which can feed an army of people for around $25 US. There is alcohol and soft drinks available on request. Open early and close fairly late.

How does the pizza taste?? Well while it is quite big, it falls short on western tastes. Calda does need to improve the quality of its pizza. Their ovens need more heat to properly cook the pizza. Greenwich pizza is now the leader on great tasting pizza. If it's a good night out go to Calda, if it's great pizza you want go to Greenwich Pizza in the city.

2  Thank PetePM

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Cald is located at the Strip and is open all day and late night. They have many different types of pizzas to choose from and lots of sizes ranging up to 36 inches which is good for about 8-10 people. Iv been there many times with my wife's family and our friends, its a place where large groups can go and relax outside for a decent meal for a reasonable price, you can also purchase beer as well. Overall the pizzas taste ok, you cant be expecting a western standard pizza here for those prices, but they definately arent bad and they do the job, and its a fun place to hang out for a night with a big group.

1  Thank Bungchow
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the more popular outdoor pizza places in Iligan city. A pizza can be made to feed at least ten people. The outdoor facilites are improving all the time. Beer and beverages are available and go well with the pizza. The pizza itself is fairly good falling just short of western standards on taste.

1  Thank PetePM
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Big pizzas are enjoying, but need to improve the tastes. The location should be improved as well. Need more lightings.

1  Thank Rowena H
Reviewed March 14, 2011

There are always things happening in Iligan City and always things to look forward to. When I learned, via internet, about the opening of Calda Pizza. The pre-opening article indicated that the specialty of Calda Pizza would be the availablity of freshly made Pizza up to and including 36 inches in diameter !

I knew this would be a place to go on my next visit to Iligan city and it was obvious I would take some of my Iliganon friends along with me to enjoy it.

Calda Pizza in Barangay Pala-o is located in a small area rapidly becomming known amoungst the locals as " The Strip ". There is a 24 hour convienience store located on one side of Calda Pizza and Sylvestros Bistro, a resto-bar located on the other side.

A place serving 36 inch diameter Pizzas obviously requires a bit more than the average sized table so the picnic style, umbrella covered tables are outside in a large fenced in lot.

It was about 9 PM on a Saturday evening when I arrived at Calda Pizza and it was a full house although it was only a short wait to get our table. With such a large variety and style of Pizza available on the menu I let my friends decide what kind we should order as almost any kind would be just fine for me. I just Had To Have one of those 36 inch Pizzas !

The cost of the Hawaiian Style Pizza 36 inch size was about 1000 Peso ( about USD $24 ) and was delivered to our table in about 25 minutes. Too large to be sliced in the conventional wedge shaped slices, it was kind of criss cross sliced so the individual pieces would be rectangular.

The Pizza was good and we spend a considerable amount of time just enjoying ourselves at Calda Pizza. Some additional friends came along a bit later and this is one of the few occasions I didn't mind sharing some of my Pizza as there was plenty to go around.

Calda Pizza, a great place to go with a group of friends or family.

Iligan City