“Currently A Place A foreigner Can Go And Enjoy The Food.”
Review of Fontina

Fontina
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Iligan
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Agree with the last reviewer, read, his comments are still current at the end of 2012.
Fontina has some very very good food. Generally Philippino food in my opininon is something that I endure rather than enjoy. Yet they cook both European and Pinoy food tasty. That is an achievement. The service is your typical courteous pinay style.

The atmosphere is good and nicely airconditioned. Coffee was good too.

Congrats on one of the best Restos that Iligan has to offer. They also take credit cards which is good for us foreigners.
I will be back.

1  Thank PetePM

Reviewed March 7, 2011

There are always new things to see and do each time i visit Iligan and on my recent visit it included the sparkling new Fontina Restaurant opened mid year 2010. This clean, bright and cheerful dining establishment convieniently located next to Kingsway Inn on Tibanga Highway has rapidly become a popular place with Iliganons, along with domestic and international visitors.

The menu features a wide variety of meals, beverages and deserts of local and internationally known favorites. If you desire to try something purely Filipino, it's all there for you. The food is individually prepared as opposed to production line style as found in chain or fast food restaurants.

The service is excellent with a very hospitable and courtious staff. It may " seem " as though it may take a few minutes longer for your food to be delivered to your table than some other restaurants but that insures your order has recieved the personal attention to detail that it deserves. The ambience at Fontina encourages you to take your time and enjoy your experience there and this is something I appreciate when spending time dining with friends I visit in Iligan City, who also agreed with my impression of Fontina.

This was the first time I had tried a " Mango Shake " to enjoy with my meal and a few times a second one to enjoy afterwards.

You have a choice of indoor ( smoke free ) dining or outdoor on the front porch area and the covered area on one side of the building. I spent an enjoyable few minutes sitting at an outdoor table with a Mango Shake watching the sights and sounds of Tibanga Highway go by. As an international visitor to Iligan City I really enjoyed doing this.

The exciting desert menu sent my tastebuds into orbit and I found myself " doing a Double " on the freshly made Mango Cake.

This restaurant is very clean and well maintained and that includes the full feature rest room ( Comfort Room ), which is something that may not be found in all dining establisments in The Philippines. Fontina is fully air conditioned, they accept credit cards ( yes, foriegn issued cards will work here ). Fontina is WiFi equipped and I noticed several people with their Laptops websurfing while enjoying their lunch. There is off street parking on the side of the building. for a party or event there is a catering room on the second floor.

Fontina is a family owned and operated restaurant by a family with a long track record of professionalism which is certainly reflected in a great dining experience at a modest and affordable cost.

4  Thank BobnewyorkUSA