“Beautiful!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went there last July on a rainy day with family and friends. The visit was fairly short as the it was raining. We didn't get to see the other attractions save for the falls itself but it was what we came for.

The falls was simply beautiful and breathtaking, towering high above with all the water rushing down. Its really beautiful! Kinda scary to think if you fell down the rapids though. The viewing deck at the power plant is also very slippery as it was raining. Better watch your step. Another thing I noticed is the very tight security at the entrance. We were one big group on a passenger jeepneey. As were were registering at the main entrance, my bag was the only one whom the guards checked. Very discriminating and insulting at that!

Other than, the guards were not enough to spoil my day at the falls. Would recommend visiting the place.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jonathan A

Hawaii
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Breath Taking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I didn't realize that this place had 2 parts. First is the Zooloogical Park. It was beautiful and I particularly loved the Butterfly Exhibit! The animals seemed happy and well cared for. After that we went to the falls and they have Mindanao's largest Hydro Plant. The falls were beautiful. I have had knee surgery and didn't hike up to the highest viewing point. My pictures were every bit as good taken down by the snack bar. The river is rushing by. This is a beautiful place. I would say go for sure!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank kahaluu
Manila, Manila, Philippines
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Majestic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We woke up at 4AM to catch the 6AM-7AM ferry boat bound for Balingoan port. By 6:20, we were at the port waiting for the ferry to arrive. We arrived at Misamis Oriental at 8:30 AM. Kuya Marvin was already waiting for us at the port. I think travel time from port to MC falls is around 4-5 hours (1.5 - 2 hrs Balingoan to CDO + 2.5 - 3 hrs CDO to MC Falls). It was a butt-numbing ride. All morning, I was pissed at our driver. To know more, just read my review.

At around 2:00 PM, we were at NPC Nature Park. Sa wakas!

Entrance fee is at P35. Students have discount and only pay P25. Chinika-chika ng pinsan ko ung cashier so instead of P305, we only paid P275 ;p Thanks ate! Park hours is from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.

The water from the falls is being harnessed for electricity. From what I have gathered, during Saturdays, at 11:00 AM, they let the water fall freely and you can see the two waterfalls - not just one like what we saw.

To read the rest of my trip, go here

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Alyssa Loren A
Singapore, Singapore
195 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 524 helpful votes
“Nice fall to see but it is only the falls in the park that is worth seeing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The entrance fee to Maria Cristina Falls is P85 which includes the shuttle service to the Falls.

The security is tight here. You have to deposit all your bags at the entrance. You are only allowed a small bag that contains your camera.

I waited at the entrance for the shuttle service and it came in less than 5 mins.

Maria Cristina Falls is a much bigger fall than Tinago Falls. However you cannot get close to it like Tinago Falls.

Even if the falls is not protected, I do not think you can possibly swim there because the current is just too strong.

To get back to the entrance, just request any guard to radio for the shuttle.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank mousehunt
Cebu City, Philippines
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Nice falls for a quick visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stopped by Maria Cristina Falls during a trip to Iligan. The entrance is very cheap (35 pesos per adult, I believe) and you can drive almost all the way to the falls. If you like hiking in order to get to the falls, this is not the place for you as the area is surrounded by a hydroelectric power plant and concrete. But the falls are very nice to see (much larger than I thought) and makes for a great photo op. There is also a nice small cafe with wi-fi. We did not visit the nature park so I can't comment on that part. But we did see wild monkeys (do not pet as the guards said that they bite!) on the way to the falls past the gate.

Visited November 2012