“One of NZ`s best Hostels!”
Review of Kahoe Farms Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaeo
Kahoe Farms Hostel
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Kaeo
Munsingen, Switzerland
“One of NZ`s best Hostels!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stopped at Kahoe Farms Hostel without a booking and expectations and was blown away by the location and great Quality of this Hostel! After a friendly welcome from the owner Stephano i was shown around the beautiful house and backyard, where you can relax and read a book, play soccer on the small play field, enjoy the sunshine or go on one of the hikes in the area (no TV). Read the instruction to the hikes, the self made description alone is worth visiting this Hostel (it looks like a map to Jurassic Park) :) Sadly I only got to stay for one night, the six bed dorm was absolutely great with high quality made up beds. The facilities and especially the shower are very nice and everything is spottlessly clean and well taken care of. Don`t miss Stephanos selfmade Pizza (go for the Pizza Gladiatore), totally worth the extra 20 or so Dollars. This is got to be one of NZ`s best if not No. 1!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank George E

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Kahoe Farms Hostel. It was the end of our New Zealand adventure and this was a perfect place to end a wonderful holiday. Kahoe Farms is in the Far North area of the North Island. Here you can leave it all behind, find solitude, peace and beauty. We stayed in the Villa up the hill from the roadside hostel. I can't recommend this highly enough. This place has a wonderful family history, was built in the 1800's by owner, Lindsey's, great grandfather. The bedrooms open to a veranda with hillside views of sheep and cows, wild turkeys. It is totally dark here at night so star gazing is great. The kitchen is stocked nicely for self catering or better yet, freshly cooked meals of pizza and pasta delivered by Stephano. There's lots of hiking adventures to be enjoyed very close by, owners Lindsay and Stephano are excellent travel guides for helping you select what you want to do for the day. I could go on, but go try it for yourself!

Room Tip: Villa on the hillside for more solitude, the roadside hostel is nice too for more comraderie with ot...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed here over new year and had an amazing time! Good food, good times (soccer at midnight on new year's eve), great people and fantastic scenery. There are amazing private walks to beautiful rock pools that you can swim in. Stefano makes outstanding food and he and Lindsay are the perfect hosts.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
London
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights on a road trip of north island in the dorm room. Lindsay & Stefano were really friendly & helpful; pizza & pasta were delicious & we picked up some good tips for Cape Reinga. The farmhouse is beautiful, vintage wood floors, tasteful furniture & a few antique objects. Totally recommend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I saw this place on the side of the road and decided to stop. I'm so glad I did! Lyndsey and Stefano are so warm and welcoming. They gave me plenty of advice on what to do in the area and even sent me off on an exciting hike to the rock pools on the far back end of the farm. Stefano is also an excellent cook and makes great pizzas (worth the $$$). Kahoe Farm is just an unbelievably special place. It is definitely not a typical hostel. This is one of my favorite places I stayed in all of NZ because they are just so sweet! Be sure to say hi to Broccoli the cat!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Kahoe Farms for one night and had an amazing stay. We couldn't have asked for more. We booked a double but were upgraded to an en suite which is situated in a separate building with 2 other rooms attached and their own kitchen, living room and dining room. The whole place is furnished more like a b&b than a hostel. Stefano and Lyndsey are great hosts, we had Stefano's pizza for dinner and pancakes for breakfast which are not to be missed! The grounds in which the hostel is built are also lovely and you could easily find a lot to do there. We wish we had time to stay for longer. I don't think we'll find a better hostel on our tour of nz.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gavmountford
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my favorite stay in New Zealand during my 5 week stay. You will feel at home with the owners, but you also meet great people who stay there. It's one big family gathering the whole time. I stayed in the dorm and it is gigantic and comfortable. I did many of the hikes in the area that are not in any guidebook. I could have stayed longer, but wanted to see more of the north island. I highly recommend a stay here if there is room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Kahoe Farms Hostel? Share your experiences!