Lowest prices for your stay
$33
$30
Agoda.com
$26
Free cancellation until 10/23/21
Priceline$29
Hotels.com$33
Trip.com$34
All reviews roland equipment dive shanti island resort php fan
Selected filters
Reviewed July 19, 2016

Stayed here a week to go diving with the thresher sharks.
The resort is situated 10 metres form the beachfront, down a pleasant sand path. It is well run and the rooms are charming, comfortable and clean. The restaurant serves up a great breakfast and lunch (and probably dinner, although I always opted to wander to a nearby restaurant on the beach). The staff are friendly and the dive centre is well run. I saw threshers every time I went out to Monad Shoal with them at 4.30am. And always enjoyed a great breakfast and sleep in my room after! Another big plus point for this place is that they won't try and push Kimod Shoal (the hammerhead shark dive), like a lot of the bigger dive shops. When I was there hammerheads hadn't been seen for well over a year but some of the other dive shops were still trying to tempt divers by saying there was 'around a 30% chance!'. It is always worth checking out the Facebook page of dive shops - they will put videos of anything decent they find. If it's not on there it's because they haven't seen it!
Overall, Little Mermaid was a great spot and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank johnny_5_bellys
Reviewed May 3, 2016

My boyfriend and I spent 6 unforgettable nights in Little Mermaid hotel. The hotel itself is located ~20 meters away from the beach. The rooms are spacious and are cleaned daily. 3 types of breakfast are offered and as for me, the best was with pancakes, they are really delicious. Evening barbecue is out of this world, must try.

We were diving daily with Little Mermaid divecenter. Discounts are available for those, who dive a lot, as a result we paid 1200 peso per dive, while prices here start from 1500. I would like to say thanks to everybody who took care about us during these dives: Leo, Santi, Kevin and Ronald. We saw lots of incredible living beings: sea snakes, cuttlefishes, nudibranches, frogfishes (even hairy frogfish!!!) and of course sharks that were on 2/3 of all dives! What was also very important for me - that diveinstructors weren't in a hurry as I make pics of every cute creature I see. We also enjoyed the service on the boat with the best crew ever!! It is the first divecenter since my certification when I can just enjoy diving and forget about assembling and disassembling the gear - everything is done by the crew!!

I would definitely recommend this divecenter and hotel.

Room tip: If you're going to dive with Little Mermaid - ask for a room near divecenter.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

Excellent dive shop. Santi, our dive guide ,arguably the best guide i've dived with.

This dive center is a small operation thus there's always a personal touch. And we were constantly among the first few boat to arrive in popular dive spots like Monad and Gato island.

The accommodation was ok, there are better resorts in the island , but the advantage is the location right above the dive center, especially useful when u need to wake up at 4am for thresher Shark dives.

Highly recommended as long as Santi and Leo is running the show!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2016

Literally only went to Malapascua island to do the diving with the thresher sharks and booked this place as it had good reviews and offered the dives i want. I emailed weeks in advance to check if i needed to book to be told that i could arrange when i arrived. This however was not the case I was told numerous days i couldnt dive and eventually had to go find a dive resort and dived on the same day i checked out because this place had messed me around.

The room itself was huge but the shower was salt water and the room smelt of damp. Food was also very expensive and not the best quality. The wifi also didn't reach our room on the 2nd floor even though agoda says wifi in all rooms.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

We had some issues with the room when we arrived. Checked in late but one of the rooms not yet ready. The owner Angeli was sorry for the mixed up and was resolved immediately. Clean place, friendly and courteous staff. Ate dinner on our last night here. Won't mid coming back just to kick back and be lazy all day. Thanks for the experience.

Date of stay: March 2016