“Enchanting Kalanggaman Island”
Review of Kalanggaman Islet

Kalanggaman Islet
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Before I start my review, I would like to stress out that this Island belongs to Palompon, Leyte although you can reach the island via Malapascua, Cebu.

I was intrigued with the island and its famous sandbar so I decided to schedule a travel plan to visit it. I actually planned to go there by myself but decided to bring a friend to share with the expenses. The trip was one of those "spur-of-the-moment" plan but it was worth it. We don;t know that much about the Island except that there is no electricity and no supply of water and we have to bring camping gears.

The island is stunning and beautiful. It is one-of-a kid in the Philippines and actually my first time to walk a sand bar that long and marvelous. The sand is not as powder as boracay but it is white and the water is clear and warm. Traveling to the island is also a pleasant experience for I was able to watch a group of Dolphins swimming and playing. According to the boat driver, it is a rare scenery so we got lucky.

I suggest for those who plans to visit the island to camp and stay overnight and try swimming during the night time and also to watch the moon.

I wouldn't advice to stay in the island for more than 2 days since there is no water supply and not much of activities to do.

5  Thank Emmanuel D

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

On one side there is the swimming area, and on the other, instead of a sandy shore it is made up of rocks! There was not a lot of people on this side so I had the entire sea to my own and had a very nice snorkeling session there! Depth varied between 1-3 meters but the water was clear and there were so many corals and fishes to see!

The island is also beautiful, lots of areas to photograph, just make sure you bring your own food and drinks because the small store here bare essentials and sometimes runs out of ice! Non-Filipinos beware, you have to pay a more expensive entrance fee, sorry I forgot how much!

2  Thank Cassie D
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is must in your list when you are in Malapascua. The beach is soo beautiful with the clear and warm water.

I just wish we could stay longer and soaked the atmosphere of being in this special place.
We took the trip with the divers from our hotel but it was more for divers than for tourists so we unfortunately didn't spend longer on the beach but we fully enjoyed and had great time....

I can highly recommend to visit this tiny island! It's all worth it:-)

3  Thank Tatianka7
Reviewed May 29, 2013

it is a one hour drive by motorbanca from the town of Palompon province of leyte...as you're nearing ashore you see the white sand & pristine blue waters...wanting to dive down into the clear waters....almost a virgin island ..foreign & local tourists always visits the island in this summer season...it is a must as i would say to experience nature in this island.....

2  Thank aries1956
Reviewed May 23, 2013

fantastic azure clear waters with great coral reefs and colourful marine life!
there is a Php500.00 environmental fee per person.. although the park rangers should use this fund to clean the shores of rubbish and install good toilets and changing areas, as well as better huts for island picnickers and guests..as well as rubbish bins.

2  Thank zenograff