Open today: 4:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nice resort and beautiful island

Very n8ce rooms, very good food at the restaurant. No free water refill, the best what you can do... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
Ingrid R
Vlissingen, The Netherlands
Lovely dives

Thank you guys for the wonderful dives. We managed to fulfill our dream and dive with thresher... read more

Reviewed May 14, 2019
Connie B
Cape Town, South Africa

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

This is the place if you would go diving.
They arrange several trips a day.
Typical the day start with a trip to see the tresher shark.
This is one of the few places in the world where this is possible.
Unlucky for us there were no sharks that day. The reason for this was due to the fact that a ship went aground same place where sharks tend to come.
All our other dives was good and we enjoyed it very much.
All instructors is very professional and they make sure that the safety is in top.
We took the last part of our certificate here and can highly recommend this place.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

We went to Malapscua with the sole intention of learning to dive. We visited several dive shops before and found that exotic were easily the friendliest and most professional that we saw.

Andy and Kelly were our instructors and they were really accommodating and treated us like friends rather than just customers.

We didn't stay in the hotel but we ate at the restaurant and the food was good.

We will definitely return and will go straight to Exotic.

Thank you Andy and Kelly!

Dan, Paul and Alex.

Reviewed June 12, 2016

I completed my IDC in May 2016 with Exotic Diving Centre on Malapascua. It was an incredible experience!

First of all, the Course Director Becca was experienced, thorough, and a great instructor! Along with assistant and Staff Instructor Kelly, they made our training fun, yet didn't cut any corners in regards to diver training and safety - exactly what I wanted out of my IDC. I was well prepared for the exams and miss it there so much already!

The Dive Centre was very organised. The diving was warm (shorty wet suit!) and the staff at the dive shop were courteous and helpful. I managed to get a great new mask that fit properly and Shop Manager Joa helped me with my regulator and gear!

The food at Exotic was delicious and well-catered to vegetarians (that's me!). My accommodation was great, and they were very helpful in upgrading me to a room with air conditioning as it was hot there!

I highly recommend anyone thinking of visiting Malapascua, home of the thresher shark (beautiful creatures), for diving, dive training, or just vacation to choose Exotic Resort!

Date of experience: May 2016
DUTCHPHIL, Owner at Malapascua Exotic Diving Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2016

Glad to read this nice review! Thank you

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

Me and my friend went for diving with exotic. We was so exited and happy to go on this trip. We went early in the morning for see some thresher sharks. Before we jumped in the water , everything felt good but when we went down in the water on a boyline as the instructor told us, me and my friend was first and on the way down the rope broke. We went up again and no one helped us up to the boat. We went down again for a second try. The instructor was very stressed, and the dive was horrible, the current was soooo crazy strong but he didn't exit the dive. I was so scared and he didn't look after me or my air at all. We went down to the rope they had to hold on to for easier see the Sharks. We was there for 3 minutes because there was not so much air left. And then we came back to the boat finely, the instructor asked us what we was thinking about the dive and we told him that we think it was horrible and there was wrong of him to not stop the dive and the answer we got on that was, aaah ok , but did you saw the shark?

We was so disappointed and dissent felt safe at all. My friend is instructor as well and I am rescue so we have been diving alot but this was not safe.

The instructors name was Arki or something (local)

2  Thank linamolin
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

... for a really good Advanced Open Water Course at Exotic.

He took care of us during the five dives of our AOW course and made a really good job.

We felt quite safe and the course was highly satisfying.

He has a lot of experience and his way of teaching is very nice. He stays cool all the time and this helps your self to do so as well.

We can highly recommend the Exotic and especially Dan, as an Instructor.

The only thing we were a bit disappointed about was the budget accommodation that was offered to us as part of the diving package (gopro rooms). Sure, they are cheap but there are better options close by which are in a much better condition than the budget rooms of the Exotic. But the normal rooms of the Exotic are nice and also the restaurant, bar, dive and beach area.

We come back!

Best regards to Dan and the Exotic Dive Team, unfortunately we could not say goodbye.

Cheers, the Germans!