“Excellent resort!”

Malapascua Exotic Diving Center
Ranked #8 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Malapascua Exotic Island Dive Resort Dive with the original Thresher shark divers and local dive guide experts. Here we can find you pygmy seahorses, blue ringed octopus, flamboyant cuttlefish etc! We are the only 5* IDC National Geographic resort. With IDCs and Divemaster Internships running year round. Offering PADI courses from beginner to Pro including Nitrox. With a relaxed 4 spots a day schedule. You set your own pace and intensity for diving with Exotic.Welcome to paradise!
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I got my DM licence there, very professional and freinadly instructor, even my English is poor, they still have patient with me. And the sea view is awesome! So many thresher sharks. Almost 100% you can visit this amazing creature. Very good food!

1  Thank JayHuang2014

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had a 100% encounter of the thresher sharks, we went there 4 mornings in the row and saw them all four dives, it was a phenomenal experience, a few came very close.
The resort was nice, the set up was very convenient, our divemaster Pusoy was excellent in spotting out critters for us. Our room was spacious and clean. The water pressure was not that great and the hot water was more luke warm than hot. but being on an island it was good. My only complain about the resort is that is does not offer complimentary drinking water for the guests. They have water on the boat only. The cost for refilling our water was surprisingly expensive.

1  Thank alohabic
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've had a marvelous time here.
Great dives, accomodation and food.
Serviceminded and skilled crew.
Thank's for a great week.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Thanks to Exotic for helping me finish my open water after a poor start in Koh Tao, Thailand. Great staff who are friendly, and offer one-on-one training. Amazing food at the restaurant as well!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

In the last 3.5 years that I've dived with Exotic, I've seen many changes come about, mostly for the better.

The dive shop is now beachfront prime property, making it easy to locate. The previous one was by the restaurant and much too small. The dive shop crew, compressor room crew, Exotic staff and boat crew are still as efficient as ever, working with smiling faces. The captain (Erwin) and DM Wilmar didn't even complain when I accidentally spilled warm Milo on their t-shirts and berms one dawn dive, while huddling in the captain's box against the cold breeze :P Boat crew is always alert to assist divers both in and out of the water. There is now drinking water (as well as the usual tea and coffee powder mixes) on the boats being provided for, that's definitely an improvement.

Typhoon Bopha destroyed a couple of their boats last year and Typhoon Haiyan (aka Yolanda) once again wreaked mischief on 2 boats again, which are under repair. One of the pros of diving with a larger dive outfit, there are other boats to fall back on. In fact, dive ops started Day 2 after the typhoon for the guests that requested so. Several dive sites sustained some damage, but the marine life isn't affected. The threshers are still putting in their regular appearances, as I understand. Check out their Facebook page for more photos, which I regularly monitor!

Can't wait to head back there end December, where I know I'll be in good and safe hands.

They're even starting tech diving, for you tec heads out there that might be keen :) I'll stick to my leisure diving < 40m, camera in hand, thank you.

1  Thank AudrisTan