“Good Filipino Food”

Cuisines: International
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Good Filipino Food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you're craving for Filipino food and you're in Malapascua, I suggest you go here. Food is good, the restaurant is tastefully decorated, the service is great.

We even had a good chat with the owner's parents who are also vacationing there. Really nice couple. They made sure that our food is done to our liking, and they gave us a couple of pointers for our stay in Malapascua.

Only downside is that it is a bit expensive. But I'm not going to rant about it because I understand that purchase & transport to Malapascua of quality ingredients for their dishes is quite challenging.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank divainthebeach

London
“Avoid”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Food was terrible - ordered off their BBQ as recommended by the waitress. Took absolutely forever to arrive and when it did was a small portion and the BBQ pork was like eating an old boot.

2 Thank GStk
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Don't know about the food but I guarantee service is bad”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

It might not be fair to rate this restaurant but i just need to share my experience.

On arrival in the island, we immediately went around and we were excited to see Magellan's. We went to the bar to ask for the drinks list and 2 waitresses were just chatting their time away. They didn't seem to hear me. When I asked again, she seemed to give me a weird look and pointed to the menu which was defnitely not within my reach as it was in a counter INSIDE the bar!!! What did they expect me to do, jump over and get it!

Anyway, she eventually handed it out to me after seeing the rage in my face....we didn't feel like ordering anymore so we left.

On the way back, not realizing it was the same bar, we were so excited to see candle lit tables set out by the beach so we took a table just in time when foreigner guest was shouting out to a waitress demanding that she serve him a Coke. Another waitress came in and both waitresses were now arguing in loud voices on what to do with the order --- i think something to do with a rum coke and the guest simply had a different request on how to mix it !

When the waitress was handing out the drink list to us without even a greeting and without even looking at our direction, that's when we realized it was the same bar! We immediately took off!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank tambalyn
“First meal in Malapascua”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was excited for some great seafood after the long day of traveling. I ordered the spicy prawns. Prawns were plentiful, but spicy was lacking. Turned out to be an average meal for expensive prices when compared with the rest of the island.

1 Thank Snorkl33
London, United Kingdom
“Nice grilled fish on the beach”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We had a lovely dinner here, the food was great. The best staff in Malapascua so far.

• Visited April 2012