“This is THE CHOICE of dining on Malapascua”

Ristorante Angelina
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

If you're not on a tight budget, this is THE RESTAURANT to dine at on Malapascua. Not even the restaurant at my favourite dive resort comes close :)

Tuna Tartare is best shared - it's THAT HUGE and extremely fresh. The handmade (?) pasta portions are reasonable and very satisfying. Anymore and it'd be too much, even for ravenous divers like myself. The large-@ss pizzas are really good value for money.

I brought some of the dive crew and treated them to Angelinas a few months back. We had 3 of the megasized pizzas to share and the local waitress, being very understanding, cut them up into smaller portions instead of the usual by-the-slice. There was plenty to go round and nothing beats dining in fresh air by the beach. We all enjoyed ourselves.

The restrooms are well-appointed and I love the tiny dogs and the cats that will deign to visit now and then.

Never tried the other non-pizza/pasta mains. Maybe on my next trip next month. I was glad to read that they've not really been affected by the Typhoon Yolanda. Can't wait!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Attached to the Tipanee resort, food was fantastic, I had the pizza, fresh from a wood fire pizza oven, and big. My other half had the pasta, again big serves, desert also very good, highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate several meals here and enjoyed them. Some of the waitstaff understood gluten free and were careful that I got what I needed. I couldn't try any of their pizza or pasta, but their fish dishes were good

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We read the review online and heard a lot of good one about it so we give it a try. Home made pasta cooked al dente, fresh seafood grill to perfection, Panna Cotta al Cioccolato is impressive. Treat yourself better, make sure you spend a meal here! It is really too good to be missed.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Angelinas is a great place to get some authentic italian food. We loved it from our trip before so much that we actually ended up staying in one of the rooms that they have. We at lunch at angelinas every day we did not dive in the afternoon, as we would like to enjoy some wine. It would get 5 out of 5, just because of the quality of the food in the location, but now as it has some competition next door it seemed 4 of 5 was appropriate. The staff was nice, but really seemed unhappy to be there and serve you. I wish they would fire up the pizza oven for lunch time, but as I had read about this before, i expected it, even though it is not marked anywhere. Still one of the best choices on the island