In comparison to other resorts on the island this one is nice and is has it's own pool. Rooms are average but with spacious showers. Can be loud with local animals and randomly with people driving up on their mopeds and diving into the pool in the middle of the night?! Staff are friendly but we had problems with our bus transfer. Nice beach space but beds could be more comfortable. With a bit more TLC and help to restore itself after the disaster this will be back to being a smart resort I'm sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malapascua Island is situated two and a half hours away by car and four hours away by bus from the city of Cebu. A barangay of the town of Daanbantayan, Malapascua Island takes pride in its world class diving spots and pristine white sand beaches. It is widely referred by locals as the "Boracay of Cebu." As a diving destination, Malapascua Island has become known for its beautiful coral gardens and excellent local dive spots, as well as further out sites like Gato Island, Monad Shoal, and Kemod Shoal. Monad Shoal is an underwater plateau where thresher sharks and manta rays can be seen on a regular basis. The town's name is derived from two Spanish words, "mal" and "pascua", which translated in English means, "bad" and "Easter" or bad Christmas. According to locals, the Spaniards named the island that way after they arrived there on a stormy Christmas. Malapascua Island is a promise of a great dive and a relaxing beach experience, making it a popular travel destination for local and foreign tourists alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Malapascua Legend reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malapascua Legend Hotel Malapascua Island
- Malapascua Legend Malapascua Island, Cebu Island