We took a weekend trip to this resort with 6 other families and had a great time. This resort is along the main stretch of places to stay on the island, so it's very easy to walk to other spots for happy hour, or dinner. The rooms all have balconies that surround and overlook a giant resort swimming pool. The pool has a nice swim up tiki bar and shade for cover if you need a break from the sun. There's also a big baby pool, and nice open grassy areas for the kids to run around. The beach out front is beautiful white sand. Be careful not to step on any Sea Urchins in the shallow beach waters. Our 5 y.o. found that out the hard way, and they recommended that I pee in a cup, and pour it over the sting to clean it. The restaurant has decent pizza and plenty of cold drinks to keep you going, and it's reasonably priced. The waters around this island are unbelievably clear. Snorkel, Scuba, boat, friends, family, sunshine, cold beer...It does not get much better! We would stay here again if we go back to Malapascua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malapascua Island is situated two and a half hours away by car and four hours away by bus from the city of Cebu. A barangay of the town of Daanbantayan, Malapascua Island takes pride in its world class diving spots and pristine white sand beaches. It is widely referred by locals as the "Boracay of Cebu." As a diving destination, Malapascua Island has become known for its beautiful coral gardens and excellent local dive spots, as well as further out sites like Gato Island, Monad Shoal, and Kemod Shoal. Monad Shoal is an underwater plateau where thresher sharks and manta rays can be seen on a regular basis. The town's name is derived from two Spanish words, "mal" and "pascua", which translated in English means, "bad" and "Easter" or bad Christmas. According to locals, the Spaniards named the island that way after they arrived there on a stormy Christmas. Malapascua Island is a promise of a great dive and a relaxing beach experience, making it a popular travel destination for local and foreign tourists alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Malapascua Legend reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malapascua Legend Hotel Malapascua Island
- Malapascua Legend Malapascua Island, Cebu Island