Malapascua Legend Watersports and Resort is a great place for a 6D5N stay for divers. It amenities, though in need of upgrading, is sufficient enough for any diver.
First the bad things, well the room are just about adequately furnished, the showers are weakly powered and there are the occasional power outages.
Well, I didn't expect much and wasn't disappointed. The hotels and resorts on this island have to be self sufficient and everything else have to be imported from the main island of Cebu.
The good thing, the attentive staff, once you get to know them. Their friendliness and charm are in the world of their own. They come from the neighboring villages in the island and they can offer you gems of information on where to go to see and eat.
Legends is the only resort with a swimming pool, so it is a plus in my books. After each dive, the pool is a great place to soak, refresh and chill out with a ice cold drink, while waiting for our next dives.
If you are looking for 5 stars resorts like those on islands with full infrastructure of electric power, water supply, entertainment etc ... well Legends, and most of all other resorts on this island is not for you.
If you want affordable, friendly, down to earth resort that can meet your basic needs, and some, this is the place to park yourself while you focus on your real purpose on this island, scuba diving in the rich eco systems of Malapascua Island and the Visayan Sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malapascua Island is situated two and a half hours away by car and four hours away by bus from the city of Cebu. A barangay of the town of Daanbantayan, Malapascua Island takes pride in its world class diving spots and pristine white sand beaches. It is widely referred by locals as the "Boracay of Cebu." As a diving destination, Malapascua Island has become known for its beautiful coral gardens and excellent local dive spots, as well as further out sites like Gato Island, Monad Shoal, and Kemod Shoal. Monad Shoal is an underwater plateau where thresher sharks and manta rays can be seen on a regular basis. The town's name is derived from two Spanish words, "mal" and "pascua", which translated in English means, "bad" and "Easter" or bad Christmas. According to locals, the Spaniards named the island that way after they arrived there on a stormy Christmas. Malapascua Island is a promise of a great dive and a relaxing beach experience, making it a popular travel destination for local and foreign tourists alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malapascua Legend reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malapascua Legend Hotel Malapascua Island
- Malapascua Legend Malapascua Island, Cebu Island