I was with a large group that included non-divers. This turned out to be the right choice because it has a swimming pool. The kids loved it and alternated between the beach and pool. Great service. The resort arranged a boat tour around the island – we made a couple of stops to snorkel.
Spacious airconditioned rooms and bath (with hot water). I brought soap because of the review below, but the resort supplied shower gel, soap, shampoo and hair conditioner. We got a room on the ground floor across the pool. Hotel cleaning staff swept our porch more than twice a day, and provided beach towels too.
The staff was accommodating and flexible. At our request, they set up tables on the beach where we had a dinner of grilled tuna, noodles and chicken … and mango juice. We brought our own wine and they waived corkage. Food preparation took awhile, so best to order in advance.
Dive shop (Seaquest) is a few steps from the reception. Seaquest arranged a few dives, including Monad Shoal. We saw one thresher shark that day. The divemaster, Luwil, was safety-conscious and knowledgeable. He spotted a crown of thorns starfish and pointed out small marine creatures to us.
Certainly a cut above the rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malapascua Island is situated two and a half hours away by car and four hours away by bus from the city of Cebu. A barangay of the town of Daanbantayan, Malapascua Island takes pride in its world class diving spots and pristine white sand beaches. It is widely referred by locals as the "Boracay of Cebu." As a diving destination, Malapascua Island has become known for its beautiful coral gardens and excellent local dive spots, as well as further out sites like Gato Island, Monad Shoal, and Kemod Shoal. Monad Shoal is an underwater plateau where thresher sharks and manta rays can be seen on a regular basis. The town's name is derived from two Spanish words, "mal" and "pascua", which translated in English means, "bad" and "Easter" or bad Christmas. According to locals, the Spaniards named the island that way after they arrived there on a stormy Christmas. Malapascua Island is a promise of a great dive and a relaxing beach experience, making it a popular travel destination for local and foreign tourists alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malapascua Legend reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malapascua Legend Hotel Malapascua Island
- Malapascua Legend Malapascua Island, Cebu Island