We stayed at Malapascua Legend for the 2nd week of our honeymoon - walking onto the island we felt this was the perfect spot for a honeymoon. Gorgeous palm fringed white sand beach, dotted with hotels.
The rooms are big, clean and comfortable - 2 double beds in each room. A big bathroom with huge shower, decorated with shells, and with a blue glass roof, which made it feel like you were stepping into an underwater scene!
The pool at Malapascua Legend is great - huge and refreshing. The swim up bar wasn't operating when we were there, but that didn't bother us. The beach out the front is gorgeous, but the water isn't great for swimming (quite shallow with lots of reeds). Also be prepared for kids trying to sell bracelets etc... and not giving up!
The staff were helpful, but weren't overly chatty like other Philipinos we've met elsewhere. Breakfast was really delicious - the omlettes were amazing! So were the pancakes :) Unfortunately the rest of the meals weren't as great... so I recommend eating lunch/ dinner elsewhere (there's plenty of restaurants along the beach so that's not an issue).
SeaQuest Dive Centre is attached to the resort and they're fantastic - great dives, really fun guides.
The island is gorgeous - no cars, just motorbikes - easy to walk around and go exploring. It really feels like you've stepped back in time to a different world here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malapascua Island is situated two and a half hours away by car and four hours away by bus from the city of Cebu. A barangay of the town of Daanbantayan, Malapascua Island takes pride in its world class diving spots and pristine white sand beaches. It is widely referred by locals as the "Boracay of Cebu." As a diving destination, Malapascua Island has become known for its beautiful coral gardens and excellent local dive spots, as well as further out sites like Gato Island, Monad Shoal, and Kemod Shoal. Monad Shoal is an underwater plateau where thresher sharks and manta rays can be seen on a regular basis. The town's name is derived from two Spanish words, "mal" and "pascua", which translated in English means, "bad" and "Easter" or bad Christmas. According to locals, the Spaniards named the island that way after they arrived there on a stormy Christmas. Malapascua Island is a promise of a great dive and a relaxing beach experience, making it a popular travel destination for local and foreign tourists alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Malapascua Legend reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malapascua Legend Hotel Malapascua Island
- Malapascua Legend Malapascua Island, Cebu Island