My boyfriend and i stayed here for 6 days in a room looking on to the pool. The room itself was nice and would be cleaned if requested and there were a couple of loungers by the pool for sunbathing-nice to have the pool as Bounty Beach wasnt as nice as i had hoped, lots of boats.
We got breakfast with the room which was ok but always a challenge ordering in the restaurant as the staff speak and understand little english and even when pointing at what you want they look at the menu as if they've never seen it before. Food wasn't great here and very overpriced. Also avoid the syrupy cocktails, you can find real cocktails at the beach or on the floating bar.
The main problem we had here was my boyfriends diving. It was disorganised and he tried 3 times to go on the thresher shark dive only actually achieving it once but even then they were in the water late which messed up the dive. They did offer a half price dive the following day so my boyfriend got up for the third time at 4am only for it to be cancelled as the boat didnt show up. Very unprofessional. One cancellation, ok, these things happen, but 2! Plenty of other dive companies on the island who have their act together.
Overall, decent place to stay, bit expensive but the whole island seems to be just be wary of the diving situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Purple Snapper Dive Resort is emerging as one of the best places to stay in Malapascua. Located 100 meters from Bounty Beach, Malapascua’s primary shore, Purple Snapper Dive Resort offers travelers a good taste of local life and culture while in close proximity to the beach. Being one of Philippines’ top diving destination the resort is a good choice for those hit by the diving bug. We are never too far from many of Malapascua’s dive operators better yet, check out our newly opened dive shop. Stay with us and only be a dive away from seeing Malapascua’s majestic attraction-the thresher sharks. Pick any of our 25 native style rooms and be treated with true Filipino hospitality. Mabuhi! Welcome to paradise! Wecome to Malapascua! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Purple Snapper Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Purple Snapper Dive Hotel Malapascua Island
- Purple Snapper Dive Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island