Just completed our stay and were happy with our choice to select this resort. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. An example of this was them contacting us via text while traveling up by bus to check if we wanted their boat to pick us up at Maya.
The resort was well equipped with table tennis, pool table and wide screen mac TV with a huge selection of movies, I think I may have got the staff addicted to the Jason Bourne trilogy. We made good use of all these facilities including the good wifi connection.
The resort is also well maintained and cleaned regularly including the pool on a daily basis. The rooms were a good size, bright and clean, also the bathroom was well equipped and good size.
Malapascua gets hot during the day and it was a real bonus to have a fresh water pool available to get back too and cool down.
The only negative which was quite minor and did not concern me was that the clean room sign was ignored once, it's possible we may have put it out a little late at 11am. I know that the staff would have been happy enough to clean it but I was on holiday mood and to lazy to inform them and it was not a big deal the room had been the day cleaned before.
One thing that annoyed me but the Purple Snapper cannot be held directly responsible because the issue was over 100 meters away. There was a 1 liter bottle of San Miguel that lay broken on the side of the footpath as you leave the beach to make your way to the Purple Snapper. Chances on stepping on this are slim, but quite possible especially in the evenings when the lighting is poor and its not a good look for such a lovely island. I noticed this on the second day and it was still there on the forth day which was our last day.
It seemed that this was no ones responsibility if you take the drunken bum out of the equation, the one who left the broken bottle there in the first place. Not Malapascua Legends, who's building was next to bottle, not the local village who are on the other side and who's young children walk along this pathway every day and not Purple Snapper who's first time arrivals need to walk past the bottle on the way to the resort.
HEY PEOPLE OF MALAPASCUA YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL ISLAND PLEASE LOOK AFTER IT AND KEEP IT SAFE AND CLEAN!
(Note if it is your visitors creating this sort of mess there are some sharking feeding areas which would be a more appropriate place to house them)
To summarize the Purple Snapper Resort was great value with great staff and we were very happy with our choice to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Purple Snapper Dive Resort is emerging as one of the best places to stay in Malapascua. Located 100 meters from Bounty Beach, Malapascua’s primary shore, Purple Snapper Dive Resort offers travelers a good taste of local life and culture while in close proximity to the beach. Being one of Philippines’ top diving destination the resort is a good choice for those hit by the diving bug. We are never too far from many of Malapascua’s dive operators better yet, check out our newly opened dive shop. Stay with us and only be a dive away from seeing Malapascua’s majestic attraction-the thresher sharks. Pick any of our 25 native style rooms and be treated with true Filipino hospitality. Mabuhi! Welcome to paradise! Wecome to Malapascua! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Purple Snapper Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Purple Snapper Dive Hotel Malapascua Island
- Purple Snapper Dive Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island