I had previously visited Malapascua in early 2013 and was blown away by the wonderful diving , the beautiful island and of course the great operation Sea Explorers and Ocean Vida run. It then felt like on of the safest places on earth but as we know nature had other ideas and the island was devastated by the super typhoon in November.
Anybody visiting today for the first time would be hard pushed to realise that anything had happened. The resorts on Bounty Beach have all been rebuilt and the visitation is growing back very quickly. Ocean Vida has been repaired and refurbished to a higher standard than ever. The owners and managers have done so much work themselves in terms of maintaining the employment of their staff and have built new houses for most if not all. However the island needs all the help it can get.
There really is no reason whatsoever to now not visit Malapascua. The diving was sublime , the thresher sharks were out in force every morning and we had excellent trips to Gato and Calangaman. Malapascha also had superb macro diving , but without the rubbish in the water seen in other sites. Our guides , Rex and Kleng , were superb spotters. The boat crew were indescribably helpful in getting us in and out of the water and were so much fun.
I would urge anybody contemplating a trip to Malapascua to just go without delay. We had perfect weather in early June , the summer weather in the Visayas is apparentmy usually perfect for diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Vida Beach and Dive Resort is situated on Malapasua Islands beautiful Bounty Beach offering 12 Sea view and 8 garden view rooms. The rooms include air-conditioning, mini bar, safe, beach towels and balcony. The resort also features a restaurant, beach side bar and a fully equipped PADI 5* IDC dive center, Sea Explorers. Free high-speed WiFi internet is available throughout the resort. Guests can also join one free Yoga lesson every day and use the Gym in Buena Vida free of charge. We hope we can welcome you here in Malapascua one day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Vida Beach And Dive Resort
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Hotel Malapascua Island
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island