Here is my feedback.
- very nice rooms, especially the one with sea views. Great balcony.
- good soundproofing between rooms.
- good service (clean rooms etc)
- great beach bar with happy hour and lounge music
- smiling employees
- great 1 hour in room massage for 500 php.
- free wifi, slow, but free !
- too many boats parked outside the resort, less space for swimmers and people who just want to stay in the water without being too close of other tourists because the space between all these boats is limited.
- lot of garbage in the sea at a only a few meters from the shore, maybe they should hire someone to pick it up once in a while. (FYI lot of algae too, caused by pollution + heat ???)
- people coming from other resorts using the limited number of beach chairs reserved for the guests. There is a sign but it's really not respected and the employees don't seem to care.
- lot of people trying to sell us stuff when we are chilling at the resorts beach, or even on our balcony, really really annoying after a few days.
- restaurant food was so so yet pretty expensive, great and smiling service though.
We had a great stay at this hotel but we are not sure if we will come back if they don't fix the problems listed above, there is so many other islands to visit...
I think this resort is very focused on the divers (they have their own diving center and lot of boats) , not so much on the people who just came here to relax on the beach. I don't blame them but I wish I knew it before I decided to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Vida Beach and Dive Resort is situated on Malapasua Islands beautiful Bounty Beach offering 12 Sea view and 8 garden view rooms. The rooms include air-conditioning, mini bar, safe, beach towels and balcony. The resort also features a restaurant, beach side bar and a fully equipped PADI 5* IDC dive center, Sea Explorers. Free high-speed WiFi internet is available throughout the resort. Guests can also join one free Yoga lesson every day and use the Gym in Buena Vida free of charge. We hope we can welcome you here in Malapascua one day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Vida Beach And Dive Resort
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Hotel Malapascua Island
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island