It was the week of the LPA visit to Metro Manila (Haikui) when I and a friend stayed here. Our 2 week-long search for a reasonably priced, nice resort & beach front was all worth it!
We ended up booking our accommodation at Ocean Vida Resort. It's a smooth 3-hour drive from Mactan airport to the port, and it's a perfect beach area that you'll see in all of Malapascua (we strolled along the beach one afternoon to check other resorts, some don't maintain their beach front, sand is coarse).
Waking up in Malapascua is a total experience---and I so love the early morning sunshine and the sight of the 2 huge motorized boats docked along the pristine shore every morning as if some VIP had arrived in the island. The Seaview balcony for 2 pax on the 2nd floor makes this perfect view. It has fridge, mini bar, comfy beds, and fixtures made with/ inspired by native materials (like a weaved rattan), h&c shower, toilet. At first, I was thinking if I can live without a TV since it's a place for divers (and I'm not one of them)--but I was there 4 straight days, and extended 1 day because the flood in Manila hasn't subsided. Wi-fi is free and very fast, easy to check the condition in Manila every now and then.
Overall what we love here are the hospitable staff and the owners themselves who are hands-on in terms of taking care of their customers, daily maintenance of the beach front & sand, weeding out wild grass, clean area, and rooms. During our entire week of stay we noticed, Ocean Vida never ran out of guest. It's not like peak season, but for sure new guests will occupy a vacated room, if there's any. Plus, it's not a party place (like Boracay) where you can just relax, lay on the sand, enjoy the sea breeze & sun, chill, and watch people =))
We enjoyed the daily free breakfast (bacon&ham, eggs, freshly baked breads, fresh fruit slices, cereals&muesli, honey, milk, coffee, juices)--for Filipinos who love rice, it's not offered on the buffet table, sorry =)
VERDICT: we'll surely be back here and recommend to friends. For one, we have yet to try diving here, go to Calanggaman (minus the current), and chill again at the beach bar (cocktails and shooters! wuhoo)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Vida Beach and Dive Resort is situated on Malapasua Islands beautiful Bounty Beach offering 12 Sea view and 8 garden view rooms. The rooms include air-conditioning, mini bar, safe, beach towels and balcony. The resort also features a restaurant, beach side bar and a fully equipped PADI 5* IDC dive center, Sea Explorers. Free high-speed WiFi internet is available throughout the resort. Guests can also join one free Yoga lesson every day and use the Gym in Buena Vida free of charge. We hope we can welcome you here in Malapascua one day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Vida Beach And Dive Resort
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Hotel Malapascua Island
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island