It's already been a year since I had the luck to visit this gem. Fabienne and her stuff gave me a warm welcome upon my arrival after a somewhat adventurous trip to the island. The location is breathtaking and the resort fits in just perfectly. The interior is stylish but still cozy and the good use of wood gives it a very nature-esque feeling. The balkony is very spacey and perfect to enjoy the sunset after a long day.
Sheets are changed daily and the girls have a good eye to do it while you're away. be it on breakfast, diving or slendering around the beach. If you're hungry, check their restaurant first. It has a nice variety of dishes (european/philippine) and the prices are moderate. Other restaurants are all in a 10-15min walking distance, which is another big plus.
If you are a diver, the attached Sea Explorers dive center is the way to go. The local dive guides know their way around the dive spots, have a good eye to judge your diving experience and act accordingly. I had the pleasure to do quite a few 1 on 1 dives but even in groups, the most we ever were was four divers (three + dg). Rental gear is in good condition and if you have any inquiries, Sven who's managing the center, has always an open ear for them.
The only advice I have left is, that it might be expensive for you if you're on a budget travel, especially for the Philippines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Vida Beach and Dive Resort is situated on Malapasua Islands beautiful Bounty Beach offering 12 Sea view and 8 garden view rooms. The rooms include air-conditioning, mini bar, safe, beach towels and balcony. The resort also features a restaurant, beach side bar and a fully equipped PADI 5* IDC dive center, Sea Explorers. Free high-speed WiFi internet is available throughout the resort. Guests can also join one free Yoga lesson every day and use the Gym in Buena Vida free of charge. We hope we can welcome you here in Malapascua one day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Vida Beach And Dive Resort
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Hotel Malapascua Island
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island