“Wonderful haven in a wonderful island!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malapascua Island
AABANA Beach & Watersport Resort Malapascua
Beijing, China
“Wonderful haven in a wonderful island!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This review is long overdue but nonetheless, I had such an amazing time here when I was in Malapascua for my diving course. I found this from blogger site and true enough Mike is the friendliest owner in the island. I had a great time knowing him and his early life in the island and his passion to keeping Malapascua as serene and as peaceful as it is today. I hope (and crossing my fingers that it will not be too touristy as Boracay when I have the chance to get back). They have friendly and helpful staffs, nice and lovely cottages, and the best pancake breakfast!

I will definitely be back and stay here once again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dinhsvenz

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed two weeks at a cottage. Just a room with and a drawer. Shared bathroom, free breakfast. Mike is so helpful. When he went over to mainland he always asked me if i wanted anything. Invited me to a dive shop opening and gave me tips on stuff to do. The staff is very helpful and where keen on adjusting my special needs on breakfast! Quiet, lovely everything. But if u dont like dogs maybe not a place for u :), Just at the end of the beach so very quiet and just u on the bEACH

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mrjbs
Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2013

You won't be disappointed by staying here. Mike keeps his place very nice and comfortable. has best beach and good location near dive shops. Stayed with my family in the casabonita lodge both floors w guest room. Mike and his staff work hard to make sure you enjoy your stay. HIs pricing is reasonable and offers a nice breakfast each morning. Be sure to say hi to Liesel his number one assistant, she is very sweet and responsive to your needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jga37
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stay in Mike & Diose's for 3 days and 4 nights the staff was nice and accommodating. If you need anything they will provide it for you. We feel relax because of the place and views and good thing it help a lot the little "tambayan" infront of their place.The price was very affordable for us, the room spacious and very clean. Their are many outlet to charge up our gears and gadgets, Comfortable in the sense that their bathroom is big. They also offer nice breakfast and hot water. It is safe in this place and we feel secure, we have dogs for security and Mike is ready to fight any intruders or sign of attacks. Before we go mike ask a police man from the city to accompanied us to have a safe travel at home. Excellent is the word for Mike & Diose's

Room Tip: If you can bring or buy a water to drink do so because the water here are a bit expensive than Cebu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank micomedel
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Aabana is a warm, somewhat funky resort on the beach. Like most other reviewers, we enjoyed the open air breakfasts on the beach and the proximity to the other resorts. While we were there, the entire island had lost its Internet for the week due to a storm. A reminder is to have patience if it takes the owner Mike a little time to reply to emails. We appreciated the staff, especially Lisa, who helped us find local hikes, places to eat, and snorkeling boats. Having to pay for your electricity after a KW was a good reminder to us of the price of luxury on the Philippine Islands. Mike was wonderful, taking personal interest in our happiness and welfare. We enjoyed the visit. The resort is a work in process, but we found the construction interesting, not bothersome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Y1964oung
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just checked out today after a 3-night stay. Mike & Doise and their staffs took very good care of me, I stayed at the room right next to Mike's room, felt very safe. He personally walked me to the restaurant I wished to visit and offered to pick me up after I finish my dinner because it's dark at night. They made me like that small island more :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank scorpio25th
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stay in Mike & Diose's for 4 days and everything was perfect. Mike and all the the staff make us fell home away from home.
We have been traveling around Asia for more than 3 months and It has been our best place with out any doubt.
The price was very affordable for us, the room spacious and very clean (they cleaned it one time more during our stay), all the facilities were working, the beach is the best in Malapascua and the atmosphere of the place is lovely. We only had breackfast there and was delicious.
We were checking almost all the places in Malapascua and we couldnt find better. If you are going to the island dont loose your time looking for overpriced resorts, go and stay with Mike and Diose you are gonna see and fell how excellent it is.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple