“Wonderful place with budget-choice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malapascua Island
AABANA Beach & Watersport Resort Malapascua
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I Loved this place! It is situaded as the last hotel on the beach wich makes the area peaceful and quit but still close to many reasturants.
The straff is wonderful! Very helpful and always smiling. I have stayed at many hotels similar to this but I have to say that this straff have been the best!
Me and My boyfriend stayed at their cheapest cottage. It was small but clean and cosy. We saw the bigger ones and even if they were very cheap compared to other hotels at the Island they were big and luxury.

They also had the best pancaces ever! Have tried to make similar at home but not suceeded. I would love to have the recipie!

• Stayed: June 2012
There are newer reviews for AABANA Beach & Watersport Resort Malapascua

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed in the Cassava Cottage for four nights in July. The cottage was equipped with all needed amenities, hot shower, DVD, safe, kitchen, patio and plenty of storage space. Instead of watching TV, we spent lovely evenings drinking Tanduay on the porch with new found friends. There is no sea view, but the beach is a mere toddle along. Mike and Diose's had a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and the staff were super helpful- they even ran out to buy cola for our rhum and came back with ice, too!
Their beach section is well- swept and the garden is also well maintained. We would definitely return to this spot of paradise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Having no itinerary and finalized plans, we decided on booking our 3 night stay at Mike and Diose's. We based our decision mainly on the room rates and amenities. I contacted the owner Mike a couple of days (kind of short notice I believe) before our booking date and was surprised at the promptness of his response. The email I received was also very detailed. We were lucky to book our preferred room on the actual day of our stay!

The room we chose (Casabonita G/F) was surprisingly spacious and really clean! The resort, located almost at the end of the strip, is very peaceful and calm. Although the room we got has no kitchen, the staff [led by Ms.Ivy] welcomed us to cook in their kitchen at a very reasonable price.

Ok now for the staff or the people of Mike and Diose's--we only have nice words for them. They are probably the nicest, warmest, most generous [they shared us some of their lunch] people we've met on the island. One thing that made our stay in this resort memorable are these people. Even the dogs in this place are so friendly.

We wish we could've met Mike, but they told us he's in Germany. Maybe on our next stay. We'll surely choose this place again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AuiManila
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed in the Basic Fan room, it was a great deal. After my first three nights I received a reduced rate, which was nice.

The breakfast is great! I would recommend the mango pancakes!

It's a little far from most of the dive shops, being on the end of Bounty Beach, but I didn't mind because it has it's own private beach for only the guest and villagers passing through.

The staff is so helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We went to Malapascua and stayed at Casablanca in Aabana Mike & Diose's Cottages. The cottage was very comfortable and clean. It has two big beds, a sofa, table, a nice big TV, 2 stand fans, an air cooler and A/C. It also has a terrace with mini ref and a big dining table. The staff was very nice and friendly. They were very accommodating. They took my boyfriend and his buddy out fishing. They were on hand whenever we needed something. They took the time to clean our cottage and bathroom, and regularly changed the bed sheets. Whenever we wanted something, we just had to ask and they would always serve us with a smile. It was truly GREAT SERVICE! There were days when we didnt feel like going out for lunch and all we had to do was give them money a day before and they would cook a meal for us at a cheap price. If you are looking to unwind without the noise of Boracay, Malapascua is the place to be. It is very laid back and is a divers' paradise.

Room Tip: If you are a big family, choose Casablanca.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Planning the trip to Malapascua was a 10 month affair for me due to many reasons. But every email that i sent to mike over the 10 months was replied to promptly and to the point. by getting all the information (good infomration!!), it made my decision to stay here very easy.

Lets start with the Room itself, We stayed in Casaviva. The rooms are very well maintained and were cleaned everyday. It was actually more spacious than iw as expecting, i think the pictures give the perspective of the room being a bit tiny (well at least thats the perspective i got). But the best thing about this resort is its location, it is on the quietest, cleanest and least cluttered portion of the beach. infact the beach is quite large infront of the resort. While booking this did not come up during my discussions with mike. but the reason i am making this point is because we ate at a meal at every resort on bounty beach and every resort and every place seemed so claustrophobic as they tried to fit in as many tables, bean bags, hammocks as possible and was just very cluttered and did not give e the feeling of being on a secluded beach holiday. Additionally, infromt of resorts like ocean vida and exotic.. there are at least 20-30 fishing boats parked up front and that coupled with all the tbales does not make for a scenic view. infront of Mike and Diose is nothing but a wide white sand beach and then beautiful sea, and at the most 3 boats. might be abig deal for many people, but for my wife and I we were much mroe relaxed and much more at peace when sitting at the aabana beach front.

The price of the room for the facilites given is absolutley phenomenal, the value for money at this resort is calculation. We met another couple who were staying at another resort and paying 300 peso lower than our rate and when they saw the room and facilites available they were absolutley floored and raved about how good it was comapred to there room . So basically my point is for the amount you are paying at Aaban you are getting facilites like AC, hotwater, TV (although if you are like me then you will not need to turn that on) , fridge and absolutley amazing breakfast. We did eat in the other bigger resorts liek Exotic and Ocean Vida and to me those just seemed ridiculously over crowded (especially the dive boats).

The banana & mango pancakes is absolutley brilliant... i had that for breakfast for 8 straight days and i dont think i am tired of it. the staff there is extremely helpful and always smiling and always willing to help you out. on our last day we needed to leave at around 630 in the morning and the staff came to hotel at 5am just to make breakfast for us.

The only con i have about aabana was that rooms did not smell very good, but i am not picky and after spraying some deodrant everytime i walked into the room, i completely forgot about the smell.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at aabana. Would i stay with them if i ever go back to malapascua? Yes, i wouldnt stay anywhere else.

have fun .. Malapasuca is a stunningly beautiful Island

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank prashanth75
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed last March 2012 for 10 days, it's indeed one of the best! Mike and his crew are all fantastic and very personable. We occupied Casablanca, it"s very comfortable, relaxing, quiet and private. I love the lightings in the room, very cozy. This place it great for everyone. We rented the big boat for 4 hours, tour & snorkel around the island, very cheap and safe as well rather than renting random small boat, here you know you are in safe hands.
It's nice to know that there is a place that is run for the pleasure of guests and not just about the money. We will absolutely come back!

Room Tip: Casablanca is highly recommended
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple