Having no itinerary and finalized plans, we decided on booking our 3 night stay at Mike and Diose's. We based our decision mainly on the room rates and amenities. I contacted the owner Mike a couple of days (kind of short notice I believe) before our booking date and was surprised at the promptness of his response. The email I received was also very detailed. We were lucky to book our preferred room on the actual day of our stay!
The room we chose (Casabonita G/F) was surprisingly spacious and really clean! The resort, located almost at the end of the strip, is very peaceful and calm. Although the room we got has no kitchen, the staff [led by Ms.Ivy] welcomed us to cook in their kitchen at a very reasonable price.
Ok now for the staff or the people of Mike and Diose's--we only have nice words for them. They are probably the nicest, warmest, most generous [they shared us some of their lunch] people we've met on the island. One thing that made our stay in this resort memorable are these people. Even the dogs in this place are so friendly.
We wish we could've met Mike, but they told us he's in Germany. Maybe on our next stay. We'll surely choose this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful little beach resort (BIR name is AABANA Beach & Watersport Resort Malapascua) on the peaceful east side of the Bounty Beach, Malapascua. Fantastic priceworthy solid cottages with air con, Sat-TV, value safe, warm water shower, refrigerator, big terrace, WiFi internet connection. White sand clean, well-maintained beach. Still under construction but fully operating, friendly service and best price / value ratio. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mike & Diose`s Beach Cottage Hotel Malapascua Island
- Mike And Diose`s Beach Cottage
- AABANA Beach & Watersport Resort Malapascua Malapascua Island, Cebu Island