“A Highly Professional Dive Centre”

Thresher Shark Divers
Book In Advance
More Info
$297.54*
and up
10 Dive Package in Malapascua Island
Ranked #4 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star CDC Dive Center, located on Malapascua Island in the Philippines. Offering daily thresher shark dives, mantas, hammerheads, reefs and wrecks, macro and muck diving, mating mandarin fish, seahorses, frogfish and much more. Small groups with experienced Divemasters and Instructors. TSD offers all the local dives sites, a full range of PADI courses from beginner to Instructor, dive internships and technical diving. British owned and run, professional and safe, with 15 years experience on Malapascua.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We spent 4 days diving with TSD, from the first email contact through to the last dive I was very impressed with their sheer professionalism.
All the diving was carried out in small groups with knowledgable, competent and safety conscious local DIve Masters.
Nice people, great diving!

1  Thank pkh1961

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We recently spent 9 days on Malapascua Island, diving with TSD. In spite of the recent hurricane, the shop and staff seem to have recovered nicely and do a fine job of providing dive services to visitors. We enjoyed meeting Candace, Jason, Amy, Beds, Tata, Rika, Chris, Nicki, and all the other folks who make things work...thank you for all your help. The diving and vacation were lovely, and every detail, transfers, lodging, etc, was taken care of perfectly. I would highly recommend TSD to other divers traveling to the Philippines!

2  Thank terrysherman
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I booked thru SeaQuest and they were very good - all the connections worked really well from pick up to drop off at Cebu airport. They also arranged all the accommodation etc . It was all I could do to stop them from arranging my flights , I suspect they may even have carried my bags had I asked ! . As for Thresher Shark Divers (TSD) it's difficult to know where to start - so lets start with the main attraction - the sharks are simply awesome. I did 4 morning dives and each one got better. TSD themselves are exceptionally well run - there's a really good mix of local and international dives guides , the guidance the dive briefs are good and the deck hands and support all equally impressive. My accommodation at Slams was good though their breakfasts didn't look as good as the ones at Oscars - in fact none of the food anywhere looked as good as the food at Oscars . In short the food at Oscars is amazing ...I can't quite believe I am writing a review of a dive centre and talking about food.

Now to the people ......I was greeted by Candace , Customer Relations - a very warm, friendly and helpful lady . All the girls at the bar/restuarant are amazing , its obvious they're well looked after by TSD . The dive guides (I had Tata for most of my dives) are excellent and then there's Dino who runs the place and basks (no pun intended) in the warm glow of a well oiled and run operation. The bar is busy every night with TSD divers but also others . I also have to mention a certain Stephen Tapley - who currently resides on the island and is the 'resident customer' at TSD - Stephen welcomes all the newbies and then regales everyone with stories from Antartica thru South America , to China , Siberia and Japan.
All in all - an excellent excellent experience . My only regret is that I couldn't do more of the day trips

2  Thank peter g
Reviewed February 15, 2014

As a solo-traveller I really apreciate a place that feels like home from the moment I arrive, and Thresher Shark Divers is certainly that. From my first enquiry through to waving goodbye, my experience was outstanding. All the staff were extremely friendly yet professional. I dived with 3 different local diver leaders - Tata, Beds and Riza, all of whom were a complete delight to dive with, and ensured I got to see amazing creatures over and above my wish list finds (Mandarin fish, cowfish, rasorfish, ornate ghost pipefish, long-nosed hawkfish and, and, and... oh, and of course LOTS of Thresher sharks). As I was staying 10 days I also signed up for a rescue dive course - again I could find absolutely no fault with my instructor, Angus, who knew exactly when to be patient and when to push - both he and the DM trainee (Joachim) deserve high praise and probably a medal for bringing my skills to standard over the 3 days.
The staff at Oscar's(TSD restaurant/bar) are also fabulous and quickly remember your preferences for food and drinks, the food is delicious btw, from breakfast sandwiches to full on Sunday roast - I think I only ate 2 meals anywhere else over my entire stay!

2  Thank Sally S
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We just spent a week using Thresher Shark Divers (TSD) and we had a wonderful experience. It has a very, laid back friendly vibe and has excellent, new gear and helpful staff. We dove 5 times and saw loads of sharks, coral, macro and fish and were treated so well and barely lifted a finger all week. Tata and Gibb were amazing dive masters and we felt safe and well looked after all week. I would definitely come back to TSD and can't thank them enough for a great week!

2  Thank carlaschu