“Excellent dive club, great people”

Thresher Shark Divers
Book In Advance
$105.08*
and up
Three-Dive Scuba Diving Tour with Morning Thresher Shark Dive from Malapascua...
$288.96*
10 Dive Package in Malapascua Island
$433.43*
4 Night Dive Package to Malapascua Island Cebu
Ranked #3 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center, located on Malapascua Island in the Philippines. Offering daily thresher shark dives, mantas, hammerheads, reefs and wrecks, macro and muck diving, mating mandarin fish, seahorses, frogfish and much more. Small groups with experienced Divemasters and Instructors. TSD offers all the local dives sites, a full range of PADI courses from beginner to Instructor, dive internships and technical diving. British owned and run, professional and safe, with 8 years experience on Malapascua,
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just back from 5 days diving with TSD. Leaving in HK, it was for a few days diving the perfect place. Beautiful little Island, not too much people (but be careful it's low season and it can be really really pack in Xmas....
Book an hotel with Agoda and get a package for transportation/diving with TSD. All good, great organisation, profasionnal, helpfull
So all good
Just a small remarke. I change the day after arriving (because first dive 33 meters when you are supposed to go not more than 30 and when you are like me trying to stay in "the rail of legality" just because underwater is not our wolrd and we have to be carefull if we want to enjoy it, I decide to do the advanced Nitrox and the Tech 40, like this no problem i would had the training and the possibility if needed to go to 40m. We disucss the price and all have been find. Great Instructor from TDI. My only concern it's the little commercial "plus" which would have been nice. I took package of 14 dives, and when I took the certification with 4 dives I could not do in 4 days 18 dives and I would have appreciate a little gesture... Nevermind all the rest was perfect, the staff no matter in the dive center, boats, bar, were great people, the landscape and light in early morning, and even most of the customers.....

1  Thank Lafusee2
There are newer reviews for Thresher Shark Divers

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Thank you, I had an amazing good time at Thresher Shark Divers in August 2012, also meeting friendly nice people. And all my expectations and dreams about diving come true, since I only had 10 dives from my PADI learning courses. And all thanks to you, and also especially your dive master Balt who was helpful, sympathetic and friendly. I think he took extra good care of me and I felt safe with him as my Buddy. I was able to explore a lot of underwater sea life, shown by your divemaster. And it also was very exciting with the Dona Marilyn wreck dive and the nightdive at Lighthouse, with a view of Mandarin Fish. I have a lot of good memories in my head, with a lot of pictures and videos, making this a memory for lifetime. I definitely want to dive more after this experience, and hopefully several times at your place.

Thank you so much for your service!

2  Thank Happynovicediver
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have just returned from the Philippines. Unfortunately Malapascua was suffering from the tail end of the super typhoon sitting just north of them when we were there. This limited the dive sites available to us and sites available were subject to choppy seas. We did not miss any diving, however, because of the weather and the boat boys did an excellent job in ensuring that we got into and out of the water safely. They really do put your fins on - especially to assist in rough weather to avoid accidents.

We really liked the idea of having one divemaster look after you all week. He knew our likes/dislikes, strengths and limitations - especially important given the weather. Gibb was extremely adept at spotting little critters we wanted to see including pygmy seashorses, bobtail squid, spearing mantis shrimp, zebra crabs and candy crabs. Even a blue ringed octopus - all 2 inches of it. None of which we had seen before.

All the staff were friendly and helpful. Everyone tried their best to make it an excellent holiday for us.

We saw threshers on 2 out of 3 occasions. On the occasion we did not the other groups from out boat saw about 14 at once. They were more experienced divers and travelled further than us against very strong currents. Parly luck of the draw being in the right place a the right time. I believe the sharks truly are there every day you just have to find them and more often than not you will. Well worth the effort when you do see them.

Andrea arranged our transfers to and from Cebu (which went very smoothly) and the accommodation. We stayed at Logon Resort which was excellent. We would thoroughly recommend TSD to anyone.

Feel free to ask any questions if you would like more information.

1  Thank EvelynEngland
Reviewed October 10, 2012

TSD are not perfect. They could improve in the area of timing. The thresher sharks and mandarin fish may be sighted only during certain times so timing is important. I missed the mandarin fish one night because we were too late and I failed to see thresher sharks one of three dives because we may have been late (There were already seven other boats at the site when we arrived.) due to a failure to link up boats.

That said, TSD are highly professional. I've dived all over the world and rate them among the best. They are extremely pedantic about safety, and the staff were always double checking clients. The dive masters were extremely adept at finding sea creatures, and the dives were almost always exceptional. All staff knew my name and all were exceedingly friendly. I struggle with equalising, etc, and they were always extremely patient. Marianne spent a great deal of time responding to queries and on one occasion lent me her mask as I was experiencing difficulties with mine. Angus was exceptional in his endeavours. James was an extraordinary guide. :):) Gibb was extremely patient. Will was invaluable as a good luck charm. Unlike another reviewer who felt slighted because he wasn't getting enough attention, I felt as if I always had a number of eyes looking after me. I would not hesitate in using their service again.

3  Thank Wandering_Rick
scbrdvr, Owner at Thresher Shark Divers, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you to this reviewer for his kind words. We do our very best to ensure that each diver has the best possible vacation, so we are very happy when our guests have such a great time.

We would also like to apologise sincerely for the problems he encountered during his stay. In general, our boats leave promptly and late boats are extremely rare. On the week this guest was diving with us, it was very unfortunate in that not one, but three boat engines malfunctioned on the same day. This is highly unusual - in fact in our 8 years of operation I cannot remember this ever happening.

I addition there were high winds at the time and so we could not load boats outside the dive shop as is usual - instead we had to transfer everything - gear and customers alike - by motorbike to the other side of the island - a time consuming task.

This all compounded to make the boats late a handful of times that week. Usually, bad weather or boat problems will not make us late, but it was very unlucky that these all happened at once. Although most people do not realise it, sharks are usually there until about 7 or 8am, after most of the boats have left, and the weather can affect mandarin sightings, so it possible is was just an unlucky combination of events for the reviewer.

So again, our deepest apologies, and we would like to assure you that we consider it a priority to get our boats out on schedule and we do our very best to make this happen every day. We hope to see the reviewer again the future so he can see how smoothly things usually run :-)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Thresher Shark Divers was really great! They were extremely helpful. The dive masters there were amazing, and were very accommodating (and Angus was definitely easy on the eyes). I only had a short amount of time there, but they were able to help me to achieve what I wanted (except actually see the sharks). The reef was beautiful and teeming with sea life. Oscar's staff was very warm and welcoming, and I never had to tell them my name for my tab after the first time. The Paratha curry roll was one of the best things that I have had in a long time. Highest recommendations!

1  Thank Baventure