“Loved it!”

Thresher Shark Divers
Book In Advance
$104.82*
and up
Three-Dive Scuba Diving Tour with Morning Thresher Shark Dive from Malapascua...
$288.26*
10 Dive Package in Malapascua Island
$432.40*
4 Night Dive Package to Malapascua Island Cebu
Ranked #3 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center, located on Malapascua Island in the Philippines. Offering daily thresher shark dives, mantas, hammerheads, reefs and wrecks, macro and muck diving, mating mandarin fish, seahorses, frogfish and much more. Small groups with experienced Divemasters and Instructors. TSD offers all the local dives sites, a full range of PADI courses from beginner to Instructor, dive internships and technical diving. British owned and run, professional and safe, with 8 years experience on Malapascua,
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I had a great time diving with Thresher Shark Divers. I'd not dived for 4 years and I wasn't even sure I was going to do any diving while in Malapascua but after visiting the shop and talking to people I was really impressed by how experienced and safety-conscious everyone was. I did about 5 dives with them and all the instructors I went with, both Filipino and British were really great and took safety really seriously. The equipment never game me any trouble and the boats seem well maintained (though I have to say I am not a fan of the boats in the Philippines in general cause they look so flimsy).

Visited January 2012

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Could be allot better”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I am just now leaving Malapascua. After reading all the positive reviews I chose to dive with Thresher Shark Divers. I visited the shop everyone seemed very professional. They are a very busy shop it seems as though the management concentrate more on selling certifications than actually taking care of the "Fun Divers". I did not have a single day with out some type of incident it started with bad inflater valves on the BCD's ( I went through 4 BC's in one day). I had to orally inflate my BC on more than one dive which is fine during training but while on vacation its not something I look forward to. From the malfunctioning BC's I went through bad regulators, broken fin straps, getting Air when I asked for Nitrox. 12 Liter tanks when I asked for 15. All the office had to say about these problems was huh thats weird. These all seem to be very small inconviences but keep in mind I only did 8 dives with Threshers Shark Divers. I ended up cutting the trip short and heading on to my next dive destination. Not a thanks or have a good journey we appreciate your business.

This is my fifth trip to the Philippines I have been diving with 15 to 20 shops all over the Phils and this is the first time I have written a negative review or be unsatisfied in any way. Maybe if I had enrolled in a divemaster course or something it would have been better.

On a positive note the Dive Masters worked their butts off they were really great, I only had the opportunity to dive with Filipino Dive Masters but I am guessing that they are all equally skilled. The boats are nice and well maintained, the lunches for the day trips are yummy. The Dive Sites are Amazing the Sharks of course are breath taking.

All in all I would never dive with Thresher Shark Divers again, I would not reccomend them to my friends.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank J A
scbrdvr, Owner at Thresher Shark Divers, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
Firstly I would like to thank this customer for his feedback. We take all feedback very seriously, and especially when it comes to equipment.

I have already contacted this guest directly to get the full story from him and have discussed his stay with staff. The dive shop manager was not made aware that any problems had occurred until we read this review and we had not been told about any faulty equipment. We would never knowingly send out a BCD that was sticking.

We have 3 weekends a year when we are extremely busy and the dive shop is full - Christmas, Easter and Chinese New Year. This was CNY and was busier than we had ever expected. As we have a limited number of BCDs in each size and as we were so busy, I suspect what happened is that a faulty BCD somehow managed to come back to him instead of it being taken for repair.

At TSD we pride ourselves on having high quality rental equipment and keeping it in good shape and one such incident is one too many. After reading this review, although we do our own regular in-house servicing, we have arranged for a technician to come from Mares HQ in Manila this week to service every single BCD we have again, and to replace all of the parts in the inflator mechanisms. As I write, all our regs are being re-serviced.

In the last ten days we have also coincidentally finished the redesign of our equipment area, put 30 new regs into rental stock, and added an additional 10 new BCDs.

This should help prevent any possible future problems with equipment and we sincerely apologise to this guest for any difficulties he experienced while here, but we are very happy to hear that he did at least get some great shark action.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Faultless”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I recently spent nearly three months on Malapascua, diving daily with Thresher Shark Divers and from the moment I arrived to my departure they have been excellent.
Even before that all emails we're answered promptly, within less than 24 hours and with all the information i'd asked for and more.
They have everything anyone could ask for, as a dive outfit they have the best dive masters I have ever dived with, very attentive, professional and able to find marine life you can normally only dreaam of seeing.
If anyone is thinking of doing a dive course, whether it is open water, or IDC, the instructors are fantastic, very knowledgeable and make the courses run seamlessly.
As well as top divemasters and instructors, Thresher Shark Divers have great teams working on the boats, who are very attentive, they are there to help a soon as they are needed and are very friendly and welcoming.
In between dives or after a days diving there is Oscar's bar and restaurant, the food is excellent, with a varied menu. The bar has a great atmosphere, with people always there to chat to and make u feel welcome. The best part of Oscar's though, is the staff, whether it's 7am or it's 12midnight, they are always so friendly.
Thresher Shark Divers has the best staff i've met, add that to the professionalism and it equates to an experience that is faultless!
I would recommend them time and time again

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Anth0ny_Bennett
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I have spent the last 20 years diving around the globe. I must say that TSD would definitely be in my top 5 locations and top 5 operators. The location - well the clue is in the title - Threshers! Not guaranteed but when they do turn up they take your breath away. We got 4 sightings in 6 days and they were big (5m) and close (15 m). The dive set up - enthusiastic, knowledgeable, local guides, bullet proof safety, good kit and a nice vibe. Could not recommend them enough.

USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Incredible diving with a FIRST CLASS dive operator!! HIGHLY recommend!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I only got to spend 2 days@ Malapascua, pity that i couldnt stay longer. Having dived with over 3 dozen dive operators all over the world, i would rate Threshershark divers as myTop 2, in terms of quality of the dive masters, professionalism, value for money and above all just a great bunch of guy
s and gals.

Moreover, I also happened to get Nitrox certification while I was there, once again the thoroughness and quality of the training was top notch!!

I give Thresher shark divers full marks as a world class dive company!!

Visited September 2011