“I've been there twice, and I would go again!”

Thresher Shark Divers
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
10 Dive Package in Malapascua Island
Ranked #5 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star CDC Dive Center, located on Malapascua Island in the Philippines. Offering daily thresher shark dives, mantas, hammerheads, reefs and wrecks, macro and muck diving, mating mandarin fish, seahorses, frogfish and much more. Small groups with experienced Divemasters and Instructors. TSD offers all the local dives sites, a full range of PADI courses from beginner to Instructor, dive internships and technical diving. British owned and run, professional and safe, with 15 years experience on Malapascua.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 31, 2011

One of my buddies highly recommended TSD, and I was not disappointed. During our two visits, the staff and guides were very professional, safety-oriented, cheerful, and friendly. We had a fantastic time and amazing encounters with thresher sharks. We will be back.

on behalf of Kapal Selam Dive Club (www.kapalselam.org)

3  Thank irenenevada
in 12 reviews
"warm welcome"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Me and my girlfriend successfully completed our Divemaster course at TSD in Jan 2011. The staff are extremely professional with the enthusiasm and personalities to make learning enjoyable! we thought it was great value for money on the diving courses, equipment, accomodation, food and most importantly the Beer! All in all it was an enjoyable month with the professional team/friends at TSD and we would recommend them to anyone!

Oh & DIno (shop manager) is not as scary as he comes across or thinks! :)

4  Thank CVCD85
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Me and my husband had the pleasure of diving with TSD during the easter holiday this year and booked our stay with TSD through a Norwegian travel agent (travelstore.no) and stayed at Tepanee beach resrort (which was very good by the way). Transportation from the airport (mini-van + boat) had been arranged in advance and arrived promptly.

We started diving the day after we arrived at the island and instantly felt very welcomed by the staff both in the dive-shop and at the Oscar's restaurant. A lot of the dive-sites are done on nitrox and unfortunately we discovered that we were not fully certified (even though we thought we were). The staff at thresher thought we had got a bit of a bum deal from the dive center where we had done (as it turned out) just the discover nitrox course and not the full certification, so they gave us a discount on the full nitrox certification (which we completed in just a day thanks to the help of Sophie). What great service! The certification was celebrated with the usual sharkbite shot *spoiler alert*

The dive-crew was very knowledgeable and took good care of us. They took care of all the equipment for so you didn't have to lift a finger and even put your flippers on before you jumped in =) Our favourite instructor was Riza (I hope I'm spelling it correctly), she really had a knack for finding the good stuff under water.

The Oscar's restaurant had superb staff and super-fast service and was a great place to wind down after a day of diving.

If you plan on diving at Malapascua, TSD is the place to go!

A tip for travellers: There's no ATM at the island so remember to bring enough cash!

-Elisabeth & Vadim (Norway)

5  Thank elbet
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I have been to Malapascua for the last three years running and each time dived with Thresher Sharks. We always get a very warm welcome back and get very well looked after. Our dive guide was very friendly and excellent at pointing out the fish to us. Over the week we saw threshers, hammerheads, white tips, frogfish, seahorses and madarian fish to name a few highlights. The day trips out to the islands are highly recommended and make for very pleasant days.

At the end of the day's diving all your kit gets sorted for you and all you have to do is make your way to Oscar's for a well earned beer! I look forward to my next trip to Threshers!

6  Thank HelenfromBangkok
See more reviews
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We’ve been there in November just during the long weekend and when we were deciding where to spent vacation for Holy Week, we didn’t need to think twice. And we will return again and I can’t wait to be back.
Reasons to return: the best dive shop in the Philippines, good and reliable equipment, friendly staff both onboard and ashore. When you combine that with fantastic diving around Malapascua, it’s obvious why we got addicted to TSD & Malapascua.
Last time we arranged everything with Andrea, pick-up, accommodation, diving… and everything was just perfect, including weather throughout our stay. I managed to forget about the whole wide world for 10 days and that was the objective of the vacation. TSD were taking care of everything and our only task was to show up on time before each dive. We did EFP & Rescue Diver course and Nitrox course and I can just praise the whole organization. I like a lot Shark Bites which are given to all divers upon completion of any course - nice tradition. Every morning we were up around 4 AM for the threshers or hammerheads and every evening we were in bed latest by 9 PM. Aside from the courses we did 19 fun dives and were lucky to see hammerheads, threshers, white tips, mantas and all possible small staff like mandarins, sea horses, frogfish …
When diving with TSD you don’t need to worry about your equipment, because boat staff will do all the work for you. All the DMs are excellent and their primer concern is that everyone feels safe. Dive groups are with max. 5 people and on almost all dive sites they have rope for descent and ascent. That’s really important for me, cause I like to hold on to rope during safety stop. We did 2 day trips (Gato & Calangaman) and enjoyed both. I must mention excellent BBQ on the Calangaman island trip.
We had our breakfasts in Oscar’s and it was delicious, my favorite dishes Nasi goreng and American breakfast which I was repeating every day. They have espresso!!! Lunch & dinner menu is different every day and food is good. One morning they ran out of mango, but that’s forgivable considering the fact that there were lots of people during Holy Week.
We definitely got “malapascued” and we’re planning to return there at first opportunity!

5  Thank Bolanca