“Great service and super-friendly staff”

Thresher Shark Divers
Book In Advance
$37.41*
Thresher Shark Dive from Malapascua Island
$105.02*
and up
Three-Dive Scuba Diving Tour with Morning Thresher Shark Dive from Malapascua...
$298.00*
10 Dive Package in Malapascua Island
Ranked #3 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center, located on Malapascua Island in the Philippines. Offering daily thresher shark dives, mantas, hammerheads, reefs and wrecks, macro and muck diving, mating mandarin fish, seahorses, frogfish and much more. Small groups with experienced Divemasters and Instructors. TSD offers all the local dives sites, a full range of PADI courses from beginner to Instructor, dive internships and technical diving. British owned and run, professional and safe, with 8 years experience on Malapascua,
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Me and my husband had the pleasure of diving with TSD during the easter holiday this year and booked our stay with TSD through a Norwegian travel agent (travelstore.no) and stayed at Tepanee beach resrort (which was very good by the way). Transportation from the airport (mini-van + boat) had been arranged in advance and arrived promptly.

We started diving the day after we arrived at the island and instantly felt very welcomed by the staff both in the dive-shop and at the Oscar's restaurant. A lot of the dive-sites are done on nitrox and unfortunately we discovered that we were not fully certified (even though we thought we were). The staff at thresher thought we had got a bit of a bum deal from the dive center where we had done (as it turned out) just the discover nitrox course and not the full certification, so they gave us a discount on the full nitrox certification (which we completed in just a day thanks to the help of Sophie). What great service! The certification was celebrated with the usual sharkbite shot *spoiler alert*

The dive-crew was very knowledgeable and took good care of us. They took care of all the equipment for so you didn't have to lift a finger and even put your flippers on before you jumped in =) Our favourite instructor was Riza (I hope I'm spelling it correctly), she really had a knack for finding the good stuff under water.

The Oscar's restaurant had superb staff and super-fast service and was a great place to wind down after a day of diving.

If you plan on diving at Malapascua, TSD is the place to go!

A tip for travellers: There's no ATM at the island so remember to bring enough cash!

-Elisabeth & Vadim (Norway)

5  Thank elbet

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I have been to Malapascua for the last three years running and each time dived with Thresher Sharks. We always get a very warm welcome back and get very well looked after. Our dive guide was very friendly and excellent at pointing out the fish to us. Over the week we saw threshers, hammerheads, white tips, frogfish, seahorses and madarian fish to name a few highlights. The day trips out to the islands are highly recommended and make for very pleasant days.

At the end of the day's diving all your kit gets sorted for you and all you have to do is make your way to Oscar's for a well earned beer! I look forward to my next trip to Threshers!

6  Thank HelenfromBangkok
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We’ve been there in November just during the long weekend and when we were deciding where to spent vacation for Holy Week, we didn’t need to think twice. And we will return again and I can’t wait to be back.
Reasons to return: the best dive shop in the Philippines, good and reliable equipment, friendly staff both onboard and ashore. When you combine that with fantastic diving around Malapascua, it’s obvious why we got addicted to TSD & Malapascua.
Last time we arranged everything with Andrea, pick-up, accommodation, diving… and everything was just perfect, including weather throughout our stay. I managed to forget about the whole wide world for 10 days and that was the objective of the vacation. TSD were taking care of everything and our only task was to show up on time before each dive. We did EFP & Rescue Diver course and Nitrox course and I can just praise the whole organization. I like a lot Shark Bites which are given to all divers upon completion of any course - nice tradition. Every morning we were up around 4 AM for the threshers or hammerheads and every evening we were in bed latest by 9 PM. Aside from the courses we did 19 fun dives and were lucky to see hammerheads, threshers, white tips, mantas and all possible small staff like mandarins, sea horses, frogfish …
When diving with TSD you don’t need to worry about your equipment, because boat staff will do all the work for you. All the DMs are excellent and their primer concern is that everyone feels safe. Dive groups are with max. 5 people and on almost all dive sites they have rope for descent and ascent. That’s really important for me, cause I like to hold on to rope during safety stop. We did 2 day trips (Gato & Calangaman) and enjoyed both. I must mention excellent BBQ on the Calangaman island trip.
We had our breakfasts in Oscar’s and it was delicious, my favorite dishes Nasi goreng and American breakfast which I was repeating every day. They have espresso!!! Lunch & dinner menu is different every day and food is good. One morning they ran out of mango, but that’s forgivable considering the fact that there were lots of people during Holy Week.
We definitely got “malapascued” and we’re planning to return there at first opportunity!

5  Thank Bolanca
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I just spent over 3 months as an intern with Thresher Shark Divers. I did AOW all the way through to Instructor. From my first day there until my very last I was part of the team. Andrea and Trevor, the two owners, were always incredibly helpful and very professional. I was picked up from the airport by a taxi and immediately taken to a boat where Luwill helped carry my bags from the boat to my room.
The shop takes safety seriously with properly maintained equipment and amazing DM's. I made over 100 dives while I was there and I always felt safe. The entire staff are always helpful with a smile on their face who soon became not just the boat boys who helped carry my equipment, but the people I looked forward to seeing everyday.
The instructors here are wonderful they are always around to help and answer questions even after hours and never making it seem like work. The course was challenging but it was always made fun. I feel I have gotten the best training possible from Threshers.
At nights after a day of diving I would always hang out in Oscar's the pub upstairs. Having dinner and drinks with everyone from Dino the manager to the newest arrival I always felt part of the family.
The dive sites around the island offer a variety of different types of diving. The famous Monad Shoal early morning dive where Threshers make daily appearances as well as Devil rays, Manta rays, Octopus, and squid, but make sure you look around the shoal as well. Blue-ringed octopus, Sea moths, and a variety of other creatures can be spotted. However there are several other sites that are just as good. Make sure you get on one of the day trips to Gato island reef sharks are spotted there. Sharks aren't the only things to find though. Tons of Macro, Pygmy Seahorses, and Nudi's everywhere. Callangaman island another day trip is a phenomenal wall dive that drops hundreds of meters. There are several more local sites each offering a different type of dive from Bantigue a muck dive to Bugtong Bato an underwater pinnacle.
The time I spent with Threshers was unforgettable. I highly recommend a visit. If you are considering doing any courses or becoming a Dive master or even an Instructor I cannot say enough good things about the instructors at TSD! Who are incredibly supportive, knowledgeable, and friendly. I can't wait to go back!

4  Thank dmc60103
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I have just come back from my third stay on Malapascua, diving withThresher Shark Divers (TSD). A group of six of us have just spent a week diving with them and we didn't want to leave. The organisation of everything is amazingly slick and professionally run, we were so well looked after from the moment we arrived...in fact the moment we made contact with Andrea. All our transfers, accommodation, diving was in a package. There is an amazing choice of dives including day trips and the guides are genuinely excited to show you all the cool stuff that Malapascua has to offer. The boat crews are so helpful, we didn't have to touch our gear until 3 seconds before jumping into the crystal clear sea! Oscar's restaurant above the dive centre has a different menu every day and wonderful breakfasts.
Amazing diving, over the week we saw: threshers, hammerheads, oodles of frogfish, mandarin fish, seahorses, ghost pipe fish, lovely soft coral, weird critters and pretty walls full of reef fish.
TSD is a really friendly set up and I would highly recommend it. Can't wait for my next trip.

4  Thank YvonneBangkok