“We are definitely coming back!”

Thresher Shark Divers
Book In Advance
$37.40*
Thresher Shark Dive from Malapascua Island
$104.98*
and up
Three-Dive Scuba Diving Tour with Morning Thresher Shark Dive from Malapascua...
$297.88*
10 Dive Package in Malapascua Island
Ranked #3 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center, located on Malapascua Island in the Philippines. Offering daily thresher shark dives, mantas, hammerheads, reefs and wrecks, macro and muck diving, mating mandarin fish, seahorses, frogfish and much more. Small groups with experienced Divemasters and Instructors. TSD offers all the local dives sites, a full range of PADI courses from beginner to Instructor, dive internships and technical diving. British owned and run, professional and safe, with 8 years experience on Malapascua,
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We’ve been there in November just during the long weekend and when we were deciding where to spent vacation for Holy Week, we didn’t need to think twice. And we will return again and I can’t wait to be back.
Reasons to return: the best dive shop in the Philippines, good and reliable equipment, friendly staff both onboard and ashore. When you combine that with fantastic diving around Malapascua, it’s obvious why we got addicted to TSD & Malapascua.
Last time we arranged everything with Andrea, pick-up, accommodation, diving… and everything was just perfect, including weather throughout our stay. I managed to forget about the whole wide world for 10 days and that was the objective of the vacation. TSD were taking care of everything and our only task was to show up on time before each dive. We did EFP & Rescue Diver course and Nitrox course and I can just praise the whole organization. I like a lot Shark Bites which are given to all divers upon completion of any course - nice tradition. Every morning we were up around 4 AM for the threshers or hammerheads and every evening we were in bed latest by 9 PM. Aside from the courses we did 19 fun dives and were lucky to see hammerheads, threshers, white tips, mantas and all possible small staff like mandarins, sea horses, frogfish …
When diving with TSD you don’t need to worry about your equipment, because boat staff will do all the work for you. All the DMs are excellent and their primer concern is that everyone feels safe. Dive groups are with max. 5 people and on almost all dive sites they have rope for descent and ascent. That’s really important for me, cause I like to hold on to rope during safety stop. We did 2 day trips (Gato & Calangaman) and enjoyed both. I must mention excellent BBQ on the Calangaman island trip.
We had our breakfasts in Oscar’s and it was delicious, my favorite dishes Nasi goreng and American breakfast which I was repeating every day. They have espresso!!! Lunch & dinner menu is different every day and food is good. One morning they ran out of mango, but that’s forgivable considering the fact that there were lots of people during Holy Week.
We definitely got “malapascued” and we’re planning to return there at first opportunity!

5  Thank Bolanca

Reviewed May 10, 2011

I just spent over 3 months as an intern with Thresher Shark Divers. I did AOW all the way through to Instructor. From my first day there until my very last I was part of the team. Andrea and Trevor, the two owners, were always incredibly helpful and very professional. I was picked up from the airport by a taxi and immediately taken to a boat where Luwill helped carry my bags from the boat to my room.
The shop takes safety seriously with properly maintained equipment and amazing DM's. I made over 100 dives while I was there and I always felt safe. The entire staff are always helpful with a smile on their face who soon became not just the boat boys who helped carry my equipment, but the people I looked forward to seeing everyday.
The instructors here are wonderful they are always around to help and answer questions even after hours and never making it seem like work. The course was challenging but it was always made fun. I feel I have gotten the best training possible from Threshers.
At nights after a day of diving I would always hang out in Oscar's the pub upstairs. Having dinner and drinks with everyone from Dino the manager to the newest arrival I always felt part of the family.
The dive sites around the island offer a variety of different types of diving. The famous Monad Shoal early morning dive where Threshers make daily appearances as well as Devil rays, Manta rays, Octopus, and squid, but make sure you look around the shoal as well. Blue-ringed octopus, Sea moths, and a variety of other creatures can be spotted. However there are several other sites that are just as good. Make sure you get on one of the day trips to Gato island reef sharks are spotted there. Sharks aren't the only things to find though. Tons of Macro, Pygmy Seahorses, and Nudi's everywhere. Callangaman island another day trip is a phenomenal wall dive that drops hundreds of meters. There are several more local sites each offering a different type of dive from Bantigue a muck dive to Bugtong Bato an underwater pinnacle.
The time I spent with Threshers was unforgettable. I highly recommend a visit. If you are considering doing any courses or becoming a Dive master or even an Instructor I cannot say enough good things about the instructors at TSD! Who are incredibly supportive, knowledgeable, and friendly. I can't wait to go back!

4  Thank dmc60103
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I have just come back from my third stay on Malapascua, diving withThresher Shark Divers (TSD). A group of six of us have just spent a week diving with them and we didn't want to leave. The organisation of everything is amazingly slick and professionally run, we were so well looked after from the moment we arrived...in fact the moment we made contact with Andrea. All our transfers, accommodation, diving was in a package. There is an amazing choice of dives including day trips and the guides are genuinely excited to show you all the cool stuff that Malapascua has to offer. The boat crews are so helpful, we didn't have to touch our gear until 3 seconds before jumping into the crystal clear sea! Oscar's restaurant above the dive centre has a different menu every day and wonderful breakfasts.
Amazing diving, over the week we saw: threshers, hammerheads, oodles of frogfish, mandarin fish, seahorses, ghost pipe fish, lovely soft coral, weird critters and pretty walls full of reef fish.
TSD is a really friendly set up and I would highly recommend it. Can't wait for my next trip.

4  Thank YvonneBangkok
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I have been to Malapascua 4 times in big and small groups and I can confidently say that the comment I saw earlier about TSD staff & DM's is complete crap.

On our first visit to Malapascua we dived with another centre and had the luck to change to TSD after the third day as we were not happy with the first group.

I have dived around asia now for 5 years now and have yet to come across a more PROFESSIONAL, friendly, responsible, value for money dive centre anywhere in asia!

After experiencing TSD in our AOW course my friend, wife & myself used them in subsequent years for Nitrox, rescue, and numerous specialties. They have taught over 40 members of our dive club (we are based in China) all of whom only have positive memories of the place.

This rubbish of filling wrong air cannot happen as TSD insist on you being present when the air is checked (if you are not present when they check then enjoy the dive on regular air as they will not give you the nitrox).

I own a Pub/Restaurant and was previously a chef, we have a high reputation for food and I can safely say the food at Oscars is extremely good. we only ate at Oscars & Angelina's as they were more expensive but very nice (value for money.

In the shop itselfI have only found that Andrea, Dino (the bald guy) & the girls will bend backwards to try accommodate us & our needs.

I know this sounds like a glowing tributes and it is but they are so good I try to get back to the island once a year to take a new specialty and diving with them is a pleasure.

4  Thank Jaybaydg
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We dived in Malapascua 6 times with TSD. Personally, I don't care much for sales pitch or small talk from the staff, I care for their service quality & doing their job properly, so I can enjoy my vacation.
When I ask for information, they provide accurate information.
When I ask for help, they offer good help.
When I sit with my iPad/ book, they don't come & try to sell me courses.
When I asked for hammerhead, they sent me on the boat at 4:30 next morning. And we saw hammerheads!! ; ) Spotted a total of 6 in two days. Made the trip, totally!!!

The treater sharks & manta is always a hit or miss, makes it more exciting when you see them, but it's always fun to look at other fish while waiting for the big guys.

Our trips in Malpascua were very simple: dive, eat, nap, dive, nap, eat, dive… then a beer or G&T at the end of the day in Oscar's,. That's how a vacation supposed to be!

To me, Malapascua is the best dive spot in the Philippines, plenty of big things & plenty more small things to see -- excellent value for the money. However, the weather/ current is quite unpredictable so it could be a challenge for beginners. One thing I appreciate about TSD is that, they have buoys at most of the dive sites. So even with strong current, you can safely go down or relax at safety stops, keep your air for the dive.
The boat crew look after us on the boat & carry everything. There's always water, hot tea & coffee onboard. As I tend to feel cold after dives, a cup of hot coffee is really appreciated - even it's only instant Nescafe.

The shop is tightly run but the atmosphere is very relax. And they always try to accommodate special request if the weather permits, like the wreck, hammerhead, frogfish etc. You sign up the dives, the only thing to do is to get on the boat.
TSD probably has the biggest fleet, team & best equipment - 3 biggie comfy dive boats, 50 staff and 3 compressors for air & nitrox. Most local DM have been working there for years, happy bunch & they know their sites.

Some say TSD is a little more expensive than the other shops, but consider this: when diving in current & with most dives below 20M, many things could go wrong. I want to be sure that I'm in the good hands of the DM & boat crew, the gear is in good shape, and the boat won't leave without me….
For me, safety is very important: properly maintained equipments, well qualified dive staff, small group dive and all other convenience, it worth the extra few hundred pesos. My life worth more than a few hundred pesos! btw, returning divers always get a discount.

We're thinking to go back & take a technical dive course with Trevor. He took us on a dive, show us the gear & explain the maneuvers. It seems quite cool. And I can stand up with the twin tanks…. TSD is the first on the island to offer technical dive training, I believe they are and still the more experienced professional here.

5  Thank LottieLau