“Great experience at Evolution Diving”
Review of Evolution Diving

Evolution Diving
Ranked #2 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Evolution is a concept based around safe and exciting scuba diving, good times and cold drinks with old and new friends, and a perfect blend of Filipino, Irish and English hospitality.With the paradise island of Malapascua in the Philippines as the backdrop, Evolution Diving has access to some one-of-a-kind dive sites, including the daily cleaning stations for thresher sharks at Monad Shoal. If you prefer macrolife, you can see most creatures on an experienced divers list, or you can get down and dirty in WWII wrecks and immerse yourself in the history that surrounds them.
Bend, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience at Evolution Diving”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Thoughtfully conceived and well managed, somewhat rustic resort for those who appreciate professional quality diving trips. My daughter, age 11, also went on three dives, the highlight of which was Gato Island, where she observed several large, adult banded sea snakes. Gorgeous soft corals and unusual sightings, such as a waddling frog fish. Owners are British/Irish who bring an authoritative knowledge of the area and technical diving to their business. Local staff are friendly and caring. Highly recommended.

1 Thank fchristensen

• Korean first
Makati, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AUGUST and DECEMBER 2010 Evolution Diving Holiday”
Reviewed December 24, 2010

This is a long overdue Review but here it goes:

I didn't know what to expect in Malapascua but this trip was something I looked forward to for months with my boyfriend. We stayed in Evolution Diving for a week and the entire experience has made us want to come back asap.

I just did my Open water a couple of months back and have not been in the water since then so getting in the water again gave a funny feeling in my stomach the moment I put my wetsuit on. I remembered being buddied-up with Mikkel (training to be a DM that time) and of course my boyfriend keeping a watchful eye to make sure I'm alright. I felt secured soon after and had always looked forward to the next dives.

They have their own Irish Bar called THE CRAIC HOUSE that serves really good food. Deciding on what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner has been a delightful struggle because I do want to try everything! The CRAIC DEALERS are very accomodating too so its always fun to stay and chat while listening to their contemporary music.

The people at the Dive shop, on The Beagle and the rental bangkas have all been very helpful. Jojo and Julius - you're the BEST!

Big THANK YOU to The CRAIC HEADS - David, Matt and Emma for always looking after us and making Mike and I feel at home from all our visits. Looking forward to do another trip on February.

1 Thank jana_1214
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I saw a Thresher Shark with Evolution Diving”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

A beautiful island to kick back and relax for a few days.
The diving was good. I did see a Thresher Shark on my first dive, but I found the macro stuff more interesting.
I did my diving with Evolution Diving - very chilled out and professional.

1 Thank TOmPOt77
Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Diving Holidays on Malapascua”
Reviewed November 14, 2010

14 days ago I arrived back home, back from Malapascua.
People: GO THERE!! Go there and choose Evolution Diving, the most scenic dive shop I've seen ever. At eye-level with one of those sweet dive shops on the Maldives: white sands, palm trees, spacious, but wait, I didn't add the Craic Bar yet, one asset that sets Evolution on pole position. Well done Matt and David, well done!
The atmosphere just made me wanting to stay. An absolutely distinct place to relax, drink, eat excellent food, chat and simply be around to enjoy yourself.
No cars, no hassles, no stress. 50m of sand is all there is from bar to water - and they even brought tasty Irish Beer to this amazing island! ;o)
The divesites around Malapascua appeared very colorful in my dive-mask, I had lots and lots of fun with crew and dive guides and Monad Shoal is a very special place to me anyhow. Was blessed with lots of Tresher Shark encouters - in time: 20mins the longest, woooohh; Mantas, Devil Rays and beautiful 'shallow' tec-dives over the edge...
All in all: pretty island, fun people, great diving & dining, atmosphere!
Cheers to Evolution for an amazing time, I enjoyed so so much!!
>PS. On top of everything I met a very special person in my life. Thanks Malapascua, I love you !

1 Thank zottelzeyher
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“excellent diving - fantastic dive center and magnificent hosts”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

i have just spent a week diving with the Evolution Diving team. i must say what a great diving team they are. having little experience diving, my mind was put at ease by the professionalism and attitude of the owners and the staff. i never once felt out of my depth (no pun intended) or indeed too inexperienced, in fact quite the opposite. the team worked hard to make sure that i (and everyone else) had a superb time diving within ones limits. i must also say a big thanks to the Crew, who were fantastic. i will certainly go back again!

1 Thank jeremyboreham