First and foremost, Tepanee is built over the hill, so from the moment you first arrive, all the time you're there, and until you leave, its up and down hill to do everything.
Arrival on the back beach, over the hill to reception, and then back over to the room. Meals are served at Angelinas Restaurant, which is back over the hill. (Meals here cannot be charged to the room, as its a separate business.)
A basic breakfast can be had at the beach bar, as can some pleasant evening drinks watching the sunset.
The rooms are basic, comfortable, and clean, there is no TV, but there is WiFi. The rooms have aircon and a ceiling fan which in our room was sorely needed as the aircon was only just coping with the heat. There is a bar fridge, which contains a range of drinks, at, reasonable prices! The beach front rooms are not all beach front, some can only be described as beach glimpses.
The beach is ok, nothing terrific, and it pays to take a snorkeling or diving trip to see some better underwater sites.
The staff are ok, courteous, without being terribly warm. There is a host of animals at the resort, so be prepared to spend your meal times with cats and dog of all sizes.
Be careful at check out, ask for an itemised bill, as there appeared to be a tendency to overcharge, deliberate or otherwise, I cant be sure. Also, there is a hefty surcharge for use of credit cards - 5% on visa, more on Amex. The rates at the resort are reasonable.
Transfers from Maya on Cebu can be arranged with the resort, 1200 php one way day time or 1500 php one way night time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malapascua is the beautiful small island of the Philippines hosting Tepanee: an intimate and friendly resort that will give you an unforgettable holiday. Tepanee stands on a small hill that rises up from Logon beach and our territory goes down to our own private sandy beach, an area isolated from the rest of the island from where it’s possible to admire breathtaking sunsets in an area secluded from the rest of the island and where we placed beach umbrellas, sunbeds, a gazebo for massages and our lovely Chiringuito beach bar. In addition, in the hill adjacent to the reception is our panoramic Amihan restaurant. The name TEPANEE comes from the name of the Polynesian frangipani plant, a tropical tree that graces our gardens with fragrant flowers of various colors. Historically, the concept for our resort followed a philosophy of low environment impact. Most of the building materials are natural and local: wood, bamboo and stones used for the main structures, roofs made of a typical straw named kogon. The buildings are almost invisible from the ocean, even if many are built right on the seaside. Opened on December 8, 2008, Tepanee in the beginning was consisted of 6 independent double cottages and one building of two storeyes with 4 triple rooms. We have grown, and can now offer you: Deluxe cottages: independent buildings with a superb ocean view, the best in Malapascua Island, facing the sundown. They feature: aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, balcony with sofa, queen size double bed with option for one or two extra single beds, bamboo and wooden furniture, wooden floor, entrance door and windows with mosquito screen and blackout curtains, free wifi, daily cleaning service. These cottages can accommodate up to four people. Superior cottages: independent buildings with aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, balcony with sofa, queen size double bed with option for one extra single bed, bamboo and wooden furniture, wood floor, windows with mosquito screen and blackout curtains, free wifi, daily cleaning service. Some cottages can accommodate an extra single bed for a fourth person. Some cottages have the ocean view, some have a partial ocean view, some have the garden view. Standard rooms: together in two different buildings of two storeys. All the rooms have a double queen sized bed and a single bed, a have private entrance, aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, balcony with sofa, bamboo and wooden furniture, wooden floor, windows with mosquito screen and blackout curtains, free wifi, daily cleaning service. Some rooms can accommodate an extra single bed for a fourth person. The Standard rooms have partial ocean view or garden view. We provide for the wifi in all the resort. Please, note that we are in a remote island and the service sometime may be slow or discontinuous. Since December 2012, you can eat and drink right next to our private beach, at the Chiringuito beach bar, where we serve breakfast and lunch, snacks, drinks and natural fruit juices, cocktails, with soft music in the background. In May 2013, we opened our new Amihan restaurant, in a panoramic position on the hill at the new entrance of Tepanee. We are serving the amazing Italian cuisine that Amihan had already become renowned for: pizza, vegetables, fish and grilled meats, pasta and pastries, tropical fruit, wine and much more. Tepanee Beach Resort is located in a non-flat area: from the reception to the rooms and the beach on the back there are stairs to go up and down. The steps are wide and low, but they do exist: please be aware of this when choosing our hotel for your stay. We do not provide hair-dryers and television. We provide beach towels upon request and with payment of the laundry service. We accept credit cards payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and JCB (bank transaction charges apply). We also accept cash payments in Pesos, Euros and US Dollars. Check-in is possible from 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Check-out must be completed by 12:00 noon. Reception is open from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM. During your stay you will have direct assistance with everything concerning scuba dives and diving courses, which can be easily booked through us. Please contact our reception for all the informations and to book the dives. Tepanee organizes transfers from and to Cebu City/Airport/Pier at any time by private van and boat: our boats arrive and depart from our private beach, located inside the Tepanee Beach Resort area. Just contact our reception, please, for all the informations and to book the transfer. Our staff are delighted to respond to your requests, and we are certain that you will have all you need for relaxing and memorable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Tepanee Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepanee Beach Hotel Malapascua Island
- Tepanee Beach Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island