“Eat here at your peril”

Mabuhay Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family arrived in Malapascua yesterday. We decided to have breakfast this morning at the Mabuhay Foods and sat at a table overlooking the sea.The table cloth was dirty so asked for a new clean one. Ten minutes elapsed and a clean one was delivered. This was covered with holes so they obviously had trouble finding another table cloth. Remember this is breakfast time. We ordered coffee and hot chocolate. Powdered 3 in one coffee and diluted hot chocolate.We then placed an order for ourbreakfasts. We waited a long time so I went inside to the counter/bar area and found three of the staff standing around our breakfast which was on the counter. That was ok as I think they were about to serve us, but what was not ok and quite horrific was that there was what seemed hundreds of flys on our breakfast and no attempt was made do remove them scare them away or cover the food. I called my wife over who was still sitting outside and believe it or not whilst all this was going on all the flys were still on the food and the staff where totally oblivious to this. When my wife asked them about this (she is filipino) the manager response was that you have to expect that this time of year!!! Oh by the way we earlier asked for extra sugar for our drinks and were given a glass sugar container with a lid, and it had live ants crawling inside. When this was mentioned to the manager she asked her staff which sugar bowel we had been given and when told she was very angry that we had been given something that should have only been used in the kitchen. We paid for our drinks and left. Not befor the manager demanding half the payment for the food. In your dreams lady. I am spending a few months in Philippines and I use Trip advisor a lot to get a feel of different places. I know there are differing views of the same place. Please understand if you are filipino this place may be ok. But otherwise please take care.

2  Thank HughandMedith

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our bartender friends suggested this place for true Filipino food, which it was. Cocktails were limited to lukewarm beers, but the staff were very nice and bandaged my dive buddy up and even disinfected the cut with vodka!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

great filipino foods!!! i love the lechon, the adobo, and other filipino dish!!!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

average food but good

Too much people living in the island. Parts of the island smell like sewage. Most of the coral are dead and sea weed all over the beach front. Sea weed makes your skin itch alot.

P.S Two years ago its was wonderful and now i wont go there waste my time in the bus for 5 hrs ride.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Amazing filipinO dishes.... Its very affordable and only them offers good and affordable buffet compared to any other restaurant.