Malapascua, and the Blue Water Resort was our first stop to our stay, and we had booked a fan cottage in advance.
We got the one second closest to the shoreline, although, the one closest was demolished during our stay - so we were quite thankful not to be staying in that one.
The cottages are actually very friendly to live in, as there are no proper windows, of course the sounds from the outside are loud, but that's not really any difference if you don't have an ac room.
There are however large cracks in the floorboards, which I found disturbing, as they are massive enough to let unwanted spiders and other undesired creatures in the room.
As in many of the places in Malapascua, the staff are a bit slow when it comes to serving food, taking orders etc, but once you get a conversation going, they are as friendly as all the others.
For the rate that they're asking I would however want to know that all the nets to keep out the bugs (especially in the toilet) are properly secured, which they were not in our bathroom. Our undesired creature lurking in the night was just a small kitten, so there was no real problem for us.
Since we were in Malapascua for the beautiful beaches and relaxation, the accomodation wasn't really our biggest concern!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Water Resort (Malapascua Beach Resort) is a budget-friendly beachfront dive resort with its own outdoor pool, dive bar and al-fresco restaurant facing the gorgeous bounty beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Blue Water Resort (Malapascua Beach Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water Resort (Malapascua Beach Resort) Hotel Malapascua Island
- Blue Water Resort (Malapascua Beach Resort) Malapascua Island, Cebu Island