“Worth getting there.”

Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Malapascua Island
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were just lying in the beach and relaxing, I have no experience of diving. But perfect for relaxation. Staff is adorable and friendly and food is really good!

Music in the bar were some nights really terrible.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Xinnam

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I tagged along with a friend on a last minute dive weekend and Exotic was definitely the nicest place on the island. Most of the others along the (very nice) white beach were either quite damaged by Typhoon Yolanda or just really run-down. The beach infront of Exotic is the nicest and widest as well. Be ready for a lot of dive/activity boats however, so not so much a pristine empty beach.

They arranged seamless pick up/travel from Cebu airport (3 hour drive up to Maya port) then a private boat ride (30-45 minutes) to Malapascua. It's a bit pricey, but worth it if you're tight on time.

The restaurant/food was amazing. Really good quality, good sized portions. In fact the menu was so extensive I couldn't decide what to have most nights.Great dessert selection as well, and coffee/cafe options throughout the day. Nice thatched restaurant with white sand under your feet and a chilled out vibe, looking out to the beach.

Exotic's dive shop managers and instructors were also amazing. Really welcoming and friendly; instant group of fun people to dive/eat with as they're also hosting a number of international dive students. A few items to buy in the shop, as well as free coffee all day to warm up after the 430am dive to see the thresher sharks!

Only a few rooms closer to the beach/restaurant, the rest are tucked back behind which limits your immediate proximity to the beach and view. But clean, nice rooms.

Malapascua itself is pretty small and with limited entertainment/activity options, but you can wander through the island and up to the lighthouse for a decent view, or visit the other hotels for a sundowner/dinner. Quite fun is the bi-nightly basketball game which is comprised of teams from the dive resorts competing against each other!

All in all very good.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Only a few rooms closer to the beach/restaurant, the rest are tucked back behind which limits your i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank kristin198
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This might be the most beautiful beach in the Philippines, and the resort's location on the eastern edge is indisputably wonderful. The attached dive shop is great and very professional, and for those looking for Thresher sharks it's super convenient to stay at the hotel, since you just change your pajamas for a wet suit at dawn for the early morning dive.

We enjoyed all of this, but overall we were not pleased with the resort. For 76 EUR per night we expected the place to run a lot smoother: Our room was rather small and quite noisy since it faced the restaurant. The bathroom could have been a lot cleaner.

Our biggest pain was the restaurant: Although they had a huge menu, only very few meals were available. We don't expect Pizza or Steak on a tropical island, but fish or seafood would have been nice. One evening they neither had fruits nor fish, seafood or chicken, nor green vegetables, nor peanuts. (Still they wanted to serve us Pad Thai - I wonder how they woud have prepared it if we agreed). Whenever we were served anything the MSG taste was predominant. That seems to be the only ingredient they always have in stock.

I explicitly want to warn about the massages they offer in their spa: They obviously employ people without having them trained properly and after my Thai massage my neck was stiff and my shoulder hurt for three days.

I don't blame the employees for all those mistakes. They were very friendly and you could see how they struggle to give their best. But I do think that the foreign manager needs to overthink his concept if he continues charging these exquisite room rates.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Treppensteiger
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My brother was staying at this resort to train diving and become divemaster.
Me and my mother went to visit him, and we had the best time.

The island is beautiful, and great to relax, nice restaurant on the beach at exotic resort, very friendly staff, and their dive courses are so much fun!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Freek H
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The best place in Cebu so far! You won't regret if you'll stay here. I can guarantee that you'll enjoy staying in this place. Rooms are big and clean. The foods are delicious, superb! The best. Words can't express how beautiful this place is, so go visit Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort yourself and there you'll see.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank JrMonilar
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I 've completed my divemaster degree, so amazing experience! professional and friendly dive guide and instructor. And beautiful view, the most important thing is excellent food, you must try Yang Chou fried rice, that my favorite!

Room Tip: face to sea
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JayHuang2014
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My first experience here was unforgettable and wonderful. I'm with my cousin from Germany having vacation in this place last year 2013, we had a great time having vacation here even we only stay for 2 days and 1 night. Even we only have little time to spend on this resort we are thankful for the place that we have visited specially the services of the resort and their staff. The accommodation, food and everything is great. I have no problems with them, they are very friendly and very good people. Then about the place, it has a very good weather a place were you can satisfy on what you are looking for a vacation. The sea water is blue and clear, white sand and not crowded like Boracay. I really missed the place and I really want to come back and try for Scuba Diving coz I never try it when I was there... For the travelers, all I can say is try to visit this Island and stay at Malapascua Exotic Island Dive Beach Resort and they will cater all what you need on this resort... God Bless your Trip! Enjoy!
-Rey Vincent