“Hidden Paradise”

Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Malapascua Island
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The best place in Cebu so far! You won't regret if you'll stay here. I can guarantee that you'll enjoy staying in this place. Rooms are big and clean. The foods are delicious, superb! The best. Words can't express how beautiful this place is, so go visit Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort yourself and there you'll see.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank JrMonilar

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I 've completed my divemaster degree, so amazing experience! professional and friendly dive guide and instructor. And beautiful view, the most important thing is excellent food, you must try Yang Chou fried rice, that my favorite!

Room Tip: face to sea
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JayHuang2014
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My first experience here was unforgettable and wonderful. I'm with my cousin from Germany having vacation in this place last year 2013, we had a great time having vacation here even we only stay for 2 days and 1 night. Even we only have little time to spend on this resort we are thankful for the place that we have visited specially the services of the resort and their staff. The accommodation, food and everything is great. I have no problems with them, they are very friendly and very good people. Then about the place, it has a very good weather a place were you can satisfy on what you are looking for a vacation. The sea water is blue and clear, white sand and not crowded like Boracay. I really missed the place and I really want to come back and try for Scuba Diving coz I never try it when I was there... For the travelers, all I can say is try to visit this Island and stay at Malapascua Exotic Island Dive Beach Resort and they will cater all what you need on this resort... God Bless your Trip! Enjoy!
-Rey Vincent

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ReyVincent
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We loved this place. All the staff made us feel so welcome. The resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach with palm trees. We had an upstairs beach front room. A lot of thought has gone into this place. The rooms had dimmer switches on the lights to help with getting up at 4.00am for the thresher shark dives. The balcony had lots of lines with pegs for drying wet clothes, towels, etc.

The menu and food was amazing, and I’m a really fussy eater. It was so hard to choose because everything was so good. There were so many choices on the menu. Even though there were lots of options for places to eat on the island, we had every meal at Exotic’s restaurant. The staff was really friendly and remember what we liked.

Complimentary internet was available in the restaurant and most of the time was a good speed. Occasionally we could pick it up from our balcony.

We came to dive. The dive shop is extremely well run with very friendly and helpful staff, including everyone for the Divemasters, Boat Crew and Filling station staff. Divemaster, Alfie looked after us and our equipment really well. It showed that he loved his job. We did the thresher shark dive six times because it was so enjoyable and saw lots of threshers close up on every dive. We also saw a spotted eagle ray and a small manta. It was well worth getting up at 4am. The diving at Gato Island is also amazing where we saw everything from sharks in a tunnel through the island to sea hares, beautiful nudibranchs and a blue ringed octopus. Every minute was something really interesting to look at. I’ve done over a 1000 dives all over the world so it takes a lot to impress me. There were lots of great macro sites only 10 minutes from the dive centre. The boats were large and it was nice that all the boats had toilets.

There is a spa at the resort, where we had a really enjoyable couples massage.

We don’t often return to places because there are so many other places to visit. But we will return to Exotic at Malapascua.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AusFrequentTraveller
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My friend(Shing) and I(Toby) stayed at Malapascua Exotic resort from 12/03/2014 to 16/3/2014(Room 17). We chose “Exotic” because it “was” famous for good dive shop, good diving planning and nice DMs. We paid higher room charges and expensive diving package to Exotic when compared with other resorts in Malapascua. Therefore, we expected a very professional diving services provided by Exotic!!!!

Firstly, I would like to say sorry what we had done wrongly when having fun dives such as wearing gloves and sticks, standing in sea when watching sharks and too close to bottom. However, no one remind us there are any special rules for diving when we arrived the dive shop, dive briefing and on boat before jumping! It was the responsibilities of dive shop too. After complain by the manager, we followed all rules strictly!!!

This was our second time to stay in Malapascua for diving and we had fun dives in other locations of Philippines and other countries around the worlde.g. cebu, PG, Analio, Malaysia, Male, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Indonesia and had dive logs over 100. We never………never had what experiences happened to us in “Exotic”!

I had experiences and expectation that the manager(especially foreigner) in dive shop will be very nice to his guest and very keen to say “HI” to everyone. The PADI instructor/manager(dutch male) in boat presented to us very bad impression. He would never say “Hi” to us and even have any eye contact at any time of whole day. I also noticed that he ignored other guests in boat if the guest have “Asian Face”. He will talk to and give guidelines to the guests in “White Face” only. It is OK to us for his “cool”. What we felt angry and unacceptable totally happened after the last dive of our whole trip. He came to our side and complained what we done wrongly in the sea and then WE said “sorry” about it. However, he showed “HAND SIGNALS OF FOUL LANGUAGE” with his “TWO HANDS” as RETURNS. It made us feeling very unhappy and his behaviour destroyed the elegance of PADI instructor.

We discussed his behavior with local DMs. They told me that "HE" did look down the “Asian face” and local DMs do not like him because his arrangement of dive planning will not consider the best interest of divers, especially divers from Asian countries. For example, we want to see Manta and request to a dive site for seeing manta as our last dive for whole trip. The dive site was arranged by him. However, the local DM told me the dive site in Morale shore have many jumping points. The point we jumped was very unlikely seeing Manta. Another close jumping point would be much better! Therefore, it gave me an impression that Chinese are not welcome by “him” and the local DMs will consider to resign as DM from Exotic because of his ”cool” to Asian face .

To sum up, the Senior management of Exotic need to take “urgent action” to avoid the unhappy experiences occurred to her valuable guest and loss of great local DMs.

Hopefully, Chinese are welcome by “Exotic” in very soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
15  Thank tobyc428
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I've stayed here twice, in November 2010 and August 2013. The best part of the resort is that you have a gorgeous white sandy beach on your doorstep with plenty of loungers. The resort also has a very good dive centre which means that the resort isn't overly crowded during the day when the divers are out exploring. The rooms are clean and uncomfortable but I wouldn't say that it is a luxurious stay. I also wouldn't dine at their restaurant as I feel that there are much nicer restaurants around such as Angelina's (very good international standard Italian restaurant) and aging Ging Ging's (well priced local food) that are quite close by. I would definitely recommend this resort to friends and return for another stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank llyrvak
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here for 4 days and each day we only ate at their restaurant trying different dishes and surprisingly they were all delicious! We didn't get to try other restaurants on the island because my boyfriend wanted to try all their food and he wasn't disappointed may it be filipino, american or asian dishes. The price is not that bad, maybe a dish can cost from P200 to P700 if I remember it correctly. Typical resort food prices. The free breakfast was tasty too.

Room was pretty basic and clean with a big bed and lots of space. We didn't really get to swim that much because the weather wasn't great when we were there and when it was sunny enough to swim, the water was a little dirty with bottles and seaweeds so we probably just got to swim for 30 minutes. I can't really say much about the staff, we didn't really talk to them that much but they were pleasant enough when we ordered food and during check out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple