if I strongly will recommended the huge and delicious food Menu, if I also appreciated the comfort of the room and of the little private beach (esp. because of the hammac were in the shadow)..I have to admit that the 200%profit oriented atmosphere and the arrogance if not stupidity of the dive shop workers (esp.foreign dive master - but certainly not guide!) makes the stay not funny at all.
it is not a surprise to notice that this place get the PADI award for retain custumers while they charge everybody on extra fee to dive under 18m! ok that's Open Water rule but regarding the sharks spot where you just have to let you down on a rope and stabilize yourself at 23m and wait...it is ridiculus the way PADI makes money with its advenced courses and this robbery can happen because of shop like Exotic.
but more than that, you had to suffer the arrogance of the instructor, i went down with 170bar only and was already up with 60bar left and 15 min before decompression time!! and with so poor weather condition that they shld hv cancel the dive that morning..o ia becuase we were supposed to leave at 5am but were still in the beach at 6.15am...with so many people moving around and that pretention of being a 5stars diving service it just a joke.
Once said that, you could decided to enjoy the incredible sealife on Malapascua with others guys that's are pleasure oriented...and this is exactly what I did for the rest of my stay...once the sea become calm again, we were down with a philipino guys and he shows us many things on the same spot those haughtiness exotic buble makers were acting like bad clown and were sailing their PADI product rather than show you sealife and local specialities:eventually I hd the chance to observe many sharks, couples of manta (even during decompression), mushroom coral pipefish...
so for the fish in your plate yeah go at Exotic restaurant but for the living species RUN AWAY FROM EXOTIC DIVE SHOP
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are thinking of diving or staying in Malapascua consider us your first choice. We have everything you need for a relaxing, exciting, enjoyable stay with first class facilities and service. Exotic is the pioneer dive resort on Malapascua. The first dive shop to open on the island in 1998, Exotic has grown over the years and is now the leading dive resort on the island, without compromising its original laid-back charm and outstanding service. Our continued expansion is a result of our customer’s loyalty and desire to revisit and share their Exotic experience with others. Why not come and see what brings people back to us year after year? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Hotel Malapascua Island
- Malapascua Exotic Island Dive And Beach Resort
- Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island