My husband David and I spent 4 nights at Garden of Eden last week. Kip was on vacation but judging by his friends Sue and Dave who took over, he's an awesome guy. They were funny, interesting, attentive and great dinner partners. We ate there every night because Miguel's food was so damn good. Maria's cocktail of the day was a great complement. But let's be honest - it was a great standalone, too, as one day we went nowhere and just lazed by the pool. Garden of Eden is the only place on an island otherwise full of mangroves. To get anywhere else you travel by boat, which is typically done with their driver Chingo, or kayak. We kayaked to Red Frog Beach one day (about 40 minutes each way). We also went with Chingo on 2 day trips. One took us to various stops including Dolphin Bay (they were fairly scarce the day we were there but we did see a few fins and tails), sloth island (to play a game of spot the sloth), Coral Cay (great snorkeling), and Red Frog. The other day trip was mean to be to Zapatillas, but the weather wasn't right when we got there, so we detoured to Starfish Beach instead. Starfish has beautiful, calm water, lots of little huts with food and drink that people were enjoying, and not much of an area to lay your towel down because the jungle is right there. We also ziplined and hiked while we were there. Be careful with the zipliners as the guides are SO comfortable with heights and they act like you are, too!! We loved having our balcony door open every single minute of the day and night, enjoying the breeze and watching the hummingbirds. Oh, and playing with Zeus and Mavis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small private island Bed and Breakfast located in a tropical setting of Bocas Del Toro, Panama. The resort offers a swimming pool, kayaks, snorkeling, game room with pool table, restaurant and bar. Don't go to the Caribbean to just rent a room, come here where you can rent an island. We can accommodate up to 10 adults comfortably. Sorry no guests under 18 yrs of age. Close enough to Bocas to shop yet far enough to be as private as you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Garden of Eden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Of Eden Hotel Isla Solarte
- Hotel Garden Of Eden
- Garden Of Eden Inn Panama/Isla Solarte