“Left Nothing to be Desired”
Review of Garden of Eden Inn

Garden of Eden Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Isla Solarte B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2008

We had a three night stay. Originally booked the wrong weekend, Helena had no problem changing our reservations at the last minute.

Traveled all over Panama staying in resorts for 10 days before coming here and this is the lap of luxury.

Private atmosphere, good company, excellent drink, great food.

Warm lightning rains, phosphorescent activity at night in the cove, gorgeous gardens everywhere were just a few of our private highlights during our stay at the island.

Fillet and lobster fresh from the area.

Take a boat tour to the Zapatillos, you won't regret seeing this protected island home to more conch shells than I've seen.

I'm making plans to come back already.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 5, 2008

Ok, the title of the review is cheesy, but hopefully it got your attention. If I ever get back to Bocas del Toro, i will definitely be staying at Garden of Eden again. Bob and Helena are excelent hosts, really laid back, great cooks and have great taste in music! Bocas town is a little hectic for me, Garden of Eden gives you the private island feel, quiet nites, but access to everything. Take the boat tour to Zapatilla, totally worth the $10 fee, the snorkling and white sand beaches were incredible. If you make it to Garden of Eden, bring a dog bone for Mr. Malo, what a cool dog!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisNCarm1121
Reviewed September 3, 2008

The Garden of Eden is one of those places one feels you will look back on and realize what a special experience staying there was.

Everything on the island (including some of the shape of the island itself) was crafted by Bob. I'm a very well travelled geek and engineer, and was facinated by the detail to which Bob constructed and maintains everything at the resort from silence (extra batteries and inverters so the generator doesn't run at night disturbing the quiet) to ants (seeks and destroys ant hills every day) to the little moon he carved in a new bathroom door when we were there. He mentioned the importance to him of "doing things right"...that philosophy shows in every inch of the property!

Helena was warm and gracious and attentive to anything and everything we needed. Her food was fresh and reasonably priced, as was our entire stay at Garden of Eden.

Regarding assertions in other reviews that there was "pressure", we felt no "pressure" toward anything...I think if we wanted to paint ourselves green and claim a shillelagh fettish, Bob and Helena would have rolled with it as long as other guests weren't offended. In the end we kept our clothes on and simply enjoied a great few days of tropical paradise.

Thanks Bob and Helena for a great stay.

John & Janet

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My husband and I booked a stay at "The Garden of Eden" for a week. We live in a busy city and needed the R and R. We feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to experience Bob's vision and the work of art that is "The Garden of Eden". At every turn you find yourself surrounded by nature and beauty. On sunny days the island is surrounded by peace and tranquility, an excellent outlet to catch up with your inner-self. Elena's southern hospitality is unbeatable, her warmth makes you feel right at home on your stay away from home. When it comes to the food the reviews are right on, even though there ARE some good places in town "The Garden of Eden" provides you with no excuse to have to venture out. Boca's del Toro is a place for those with an adventurous spirit, you will not be disappointed with your stay at "The Garden of Eden"! Thank you again Elena and Bob.
Carlos and Jacky.
ps. stick to Jampan for your traveling needs they are the best! no need to take chances with street services but do not purchace jewlery from the "One Love" jewlery store across the street from Jampan because it is a major rip off!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2008

My wife and I spent a long weekend in July at the Garden of Eden to take a break from our businesses and to celebrate my birthday and we were so glad that we choose this resort. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been written in the previous reviews, which by the way was the reason I chose the place. The atmoshpere is definitel tropical and laid back. However, I found the attention to detail and service to be far better than most places that I have been to in Central america. I live in Costa Rica and have been to most of the all include resorts here, even a couple of the high end ones and Bob and Helena do it better. I never found myself wanting or waiting for anything. I also must say that I found the prices of the rooms, drinks and food very resonable. I only have one negative that I can think of and that is that too many people may discover this place and I won't be able to get a room the next time I need to go to an island paradise.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We spent the second week of our honeymoon in Panama at the Garden of Eden. After a week spent in the exciting bustle of Panama City arriving at the resort was a huge and welcome contrast. This idyllic island resort is peaceful, tranquil and stunning beautiful.
The owners Bob & Helena Myers gave us a very warm welcome and advised us that we were their only guests that week - we were delighted to have the place to ourselves - our own private honeymoon island!
Our room was the suite, seperate to the main buildings with its own terrace looking out through the lush gardens to sea.
We spent our days lazing by the pool. There are hammocks in the shade if you need a break from the sun.
We spent some great evenings eating Helena's delicious food and drinking Bob's powerful cocktails. Other nights we took a water taxi into town and found some good restaurants in the laid back town of Bocas del Toro.
My husband enjoyed himself one afternoon going out big game fishing with Bob. The fish weren't biting that day so the anticipated fresh fish for supper didn't materialise - but he had a great time all the same.
We would recommend the Garden of Eden without hesitation - if you are looking to relax on a stunning and laid back island in paradise - this is the place to head for!

Reviewed July 27, 2008

When my wife and I booked our recent trip to Bocas Del Toros, we wanted to stay somewhere secluded, romantic, and not over-run with tourists. With only three guest rooms, on their own private island, Garden of Eden was exactly what we were looking for.

Starting with the property itself, photos we found on the internet can not possibly portray just how perfect the property is. Everything from the perfectly manicured garden to the cozy guest rooms to the tropical lounge area was outstanding. Our guest room had an awesome balcony overlooking the bay. Lounging in its hammock every morning was a real treat! Most impressive of all is that there is no public water or electric on this tiny island, but you'd never know it. So much attention to detail has been taken by Bob that the self-generated electric and water supply is actually perfectly reliable. The same can not be said of the nearby mainland properties.

Unfortunately, I had to do a bit of work on my laptop computer while in Panama, but their free wi-fi made that a breeze (which complemented the breeze from the bay).

As other reviewers have mentioned, dinner was delicious. We sampled a few restaurants on the mainland, but reverted back to the Garden of Eden for a much more delicious dinner in better surroundings. Interacting with the one or two other guests at dinner, then playing a friendly round of cards afterward, was an added bonus

Finally, what makes an intimate property like this special is always the attitude of the owners. Bob and Helena were great. Both are laid back and very free spirited, just like myself. Even though it is an "adults only" resort, we never felt an ounce of pressure to take advantage of the "clothing optional" element.

Thanks, Bob and Helena, for making our stay in Bocas Del Toros the best it could have possibly been. My wife and I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Bambuda Lodge
#1 of 3 in Isla Solarte
Popa Paradise Beach Resort
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
#4 of 20 in Isla Colon
Los Secretos
Los Secretos
#7 of 20 in Isla Bastimentos

Been to Garden of Eden Inn? Share your experiences!