“Definitely a great place to getaway and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Garden of Eden Inn

Garden of Eden Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Isla Solarte B&B and Inns
Costa Rica
“Definitely a great place to getaway and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

My wife and I spent a long weekend in July at the Garden of Eden to take a break from our businesses and to celebrate my birthday and we were so glad that we choose this resort. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been written in the previous reviews, which by the way was the reason I chose the place. The atmoshpere is definitel tropical and laid back. However, I found the attention to detail and service to be far better than most places that I have been to in Central america. I live in Costa Rica and have been to most of the all include resorts here, even a couple of the high end ones and Bob and Helena do it better. I never found myself wanting or waiting for anything. I also must say that I found the prices of the rooms, drinks and food very resonable. I only have one negative that I can think of and that is that too many people may discover this place and I won't be able to get a room the next time I need to go to an island paradise.

• Liked — The laid back atmospere
  • Disliked — nothing
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

We spent the second week of our honeymoon in Panama at the Garden of Eden. After a week spent in the exciting bustle of Panama City arriving at the resort was a huge and welcome contrast. This idyllic island resort is peaceful, tranquil and stunning beautiful.
The owners Bob & Helena Myers gave us a very warm welcome and advised us that we were their only guests that week - we were delighted to have the place to ourselves - our own private honeymoon island!
Our room was the suite, seperate to the main buildings with its own terrace looking out through the lush gardens to sea.
We spent our days lazing by the pool. There are hammocks in the shade if you need a break from the sun.
We spent some great evenings eating Helena's delicious food and drinking Bob's powerful cocktails. Other nights we took a water taxi into town and found some good restaurants in the laid back town of Bocas del Toro.
My husband enjoyed himself one afternoon going out big game fishing with Bob. The fish weren't biting that day so the anticipated fresh fish for supper didn't materialise - but he had a great time all the same.
We would recommend the Garden of Eden without hesitation - if you are looking to relax on a stunning and laid back island in paradise - this is the place to head for!

• Liked — Free & easy nature of the resorts owners
  • Disliked — Nothing
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2008

When my wife and I booked our recent trip to Bocas Del Toros, we wanted to stay somewhere secluded, romantic, and not over-run with tourists. With only three guest rooms, on their own private island, Garden of Eden was exactly what we were looking for.

Starting with the property itself, photos we found on the internet can not possibly portray just how perfect the property is. Everything from the perfectly manicured garden to the cozy guest rooms to the tropical lounge area was outstanding. Our guest room had an awesome balcony overlooking the bay. Lounging in its hammock every morning was a real treat! Most impressive of all is that there is no public water or electric on this tiny island, but you'd never know it. So much attention to detail has been taken by Bob that the self-generated electric and water supply is actually perfectly reliable. The same can not be said of the nearby mainland properties.

Unfortunately, I had to do a bit of work on my laptop computer while in Panama, but their free wi-fi made that a breeze (which complemented the breeze from the bay).

As other reviewers have mentioned, dinner was delicious. We sampled a few restaurants on the mainland, but reverted back to the Garden of Eden for a much more delicious dinner in better surroundings. Interacting with the one or two other guests at dinner, then playing a friendly round of cards afterward, was an added bonus

Finally, what makes an intimate property like this special is always the attitude of the owners. Bob and Helena were great. Both are laid back and very free spirited, just like myself. Even though it is an "adults only" resort, we never felt an ounce of pressure to take advantage of the "clothing optional" element.

Thanks, Bob and Helena, for making our stay in Bocas Del Toros the best it could have possibly been. My wife and I will certainly be back!

• Liked — The serenity of it being a private island
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

My husband and I spent 3 days at the Garden of Eden and just loved it. The rooms are clean and private with a small back deck that looks out on the water. Helena was an awesome host (Bob was on vacation). She was always available and happy to help with any activity questions or with any other needs we had. She's also an amazing cook and my husband couldn't stop raving about her ribs and chicken wings :)
We took their kayak out one morning and rowed across the channel to red frog beach (45 minute paddle). It was quite exhausting but well worth it, the pool was a welcomed treat when we got back. the island is an easy 5 minute taxi ride to Bocas town where you can plan day trips from.
We wished we had spent more than 3 days there instead of spending the first 2 nights on another island.
Natalie

• Liked — peaceful setting
  • Disliked — no ac
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Mocksville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

We went there and spent four days and had a really, really great time. The level of warmth and service provided by the owners made us feel relaxed. We made some great friends and I definitely would spend the money to go back! This place as a "must see" for any adventuring soul.

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — The one rainy day
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

Nice place to stay, but be aware that this is a clothing optional resort. We felt some pressure from the owner (Bob), but still stayed clothed. The food was good and it is truly a lovely spot. Be aware that it is a fairly small island.
I wish I could say more, but this is a family friendly site.

• Liked — Absolutely beautiful
  • Disliked — Clothing Optional
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
12 Thank PaperTiger67
gardenofbocas, Owner Helena Myers at Garden of Eden Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2008
WOW ! Six months later you remember you where disapointed with your stay, I am not sure where this comes from, this is unbeleiveable. We have had the most fantastic customers and reviews.
As the owners of the Garden of Eden we offer an Adult only private, secure and peacful atmosphere for our guests. Sure some of our customers have shed a few tan lines at the pool. This is none of our business as long as they are not offending the other guests.
I hope everyone will let the other reviews speak for the Garden of Eden.
Bob and Helena
Marco island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

This Place is like no other, Great People, Beautiful garden and ocean views and Awesome food. I would highly recommend staying here. But be aware you will not want to come home, you will truly be Bocatized! Thank you both for your hospitality. We will be back. Krista and Charlie

• Liked — Clean and Friendly
  • Disliked — I had to go home!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Hotel Bocas del Toro
Hotel Bocas del Toro
#3 of 13 in Bocas Town
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
Bambuda Lodge
Bambuda Lodge
#1 of 2 in Isla Solarte
Popa Paradise Beach Resort
Palmar Beach Lodge
Palmar Beach Lodge
#2 of 19 in Isla Bastimentos

Been to Garden of Eden Inn? Share your experiences!