We initially had reserved 4 nights in February 2012, but then some indigenous Panamanians closed some roads in a dispute with the government. We took a rain-check and rescheduled in May.
On arrival we were met not by Helena, Bob, and Malo (doberman), but by Kipp, Lindsey, Bill, and Zeus (weimaraner). Reportedly, some medical issues had resulted in Helena and Bob (We wish them well) selling Garden of Eden to longtime friend and neighbor Kipp. Kipp persuaded Lindsey (born Texas, more recently Colorado) and Bill (Rhode Island, played hockey in Canada), both of whom also have lived in the Bocas area for years, to help him run the place. Magali, Tiki, and Woody were all still there.
Kipp, Lindsey, and Bill were great hosts, and made it clear that they were still working out kinks but that if we wanted anything, just to let them know. They meant it, and we had a great time. They helped us a lot arranging off-island activities, and introduced us to some very pleasant and reliable water-taxi operators, including Choi (67118878) and Chingo (65037050).
We had great breakfasts every morning and dinners every evening. Lunch was available on request but we were generally off-island at lunch time.
During our visit, Kipp was working from Helena and Bob's menu, but I expect some items on the menu may change a little in the future.
If you've been there before, I believe you'll find it largely unchanged and still delightful. If prior reviews have persuaded you that this is where you want to vacation, it still is.
"Tranquilo" is a popular word in Panama. Garden of Eden epitomizes "tranquilo".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small private island Bed and Breakfast located in a tropical setting of Bocas Del Toro, Panama. The resort offers a swimming pool, kayaks, snorkeling, game room with pool table, restaurant and bar. Don't go to the Caribbean to just rent a room, come here where you can rent an island. We can accommodate up to 10 adults comfortably. Sorry no guests under 18 yrs of age. Close enough to Bocas to shop yet far enough to be as private as you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Garden of Eden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Of Eden Hotel Isla Solarte
- Hotel Garden Of Eden
- Garden Of Eden Inn Panama/Isla Solarte