“Great Bed and Breakfast and wonderful service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Halford Bridge Inn

Halford Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Halford B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Bed and Breakfast and wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Halford for 3 nights during our visit to England in July. Despite there being a mix up with our travel agent getting the reservation to the Inn, the hostess did everything she could to make sure we were comfortable and had the rooms we needed.

The restaurant served fantastic food, and the pub was filled with friendly people every night. I think my favorite part was the courtyard.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in The Halford a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel has character and the room was nice and clean with all necessities included.
One thing which really stayed with me after my visit was how lovely the staff were, they were very friendly and treated us as if we were friends rather than strangers, they couldn't do enough to ensure that we enjoyed our stay, Including giving us advise on the local area.The second thing I will never forget is the food, we chose to have dinner and breakfast at the hotel which proved to be the best decision we could have made. All 3 courses of our dinner and our breakfast the following morning were impeccable!
All in all I was extremely impressed with my stay at The Halford, I would highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely enjoy another stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Booked the hotel's suite for my boyfriends 30th, we were going out for a meal in Stratford upon Avon that night and leaving early the next morning so we wasn't going to spend alot of time there but I always liked the look of this hotel, so I went for it and we left very happy!!! The room we had (Shared moments) was beautiful, photo's on the internet do not do it justice so I would highly recommend paying that little bit extra for this room, its worth it! We just wished we had more time to enjoy it!! Staff were nice and friendly, yummy breakfast and the hotel decor is beautiful. We would love to go back one day!!!

Room Tip: Shared moments suite is a beautiful room :o)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jos m
Cannock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Halford for 1 night on the 09/08/13. On arrival the staff were very polite and helpful and showed us to our room, we stayed in the dog friendly room which was outside in the courtyard, at first sight the room out did our expectations, it was very spacious and modernly furnished but the bathroom did let it down, it wasn't in keeping with the room as it looked outdated and also had numerous holes in the tiles by the bath (I think it's also a disabled friendly room) from where some railings have been removed but haven't been filled in.
Another point to consider is that the room only had 1 window which was in the bathroom, this meant that at night it was quite warm but you are supplied with a fan, if you can sleep with one on!!! We had our tea in the restaurant which was brilliantly presented but a tad overpriced in my opinion, as for breakfast, it was ok, the breakfast room could of done with a hoover as it looked a bit messy from the day before, I also think it would be a good idea to keep the juices and milk chilled and more variety with the cereals. All in all we're glad we went but would we go again? Possibly not.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rob D
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

stayed for one night, and was upgraded to a lovely large room, was at the top of the hotel but worth the climb. It had a separate lounge area. only one slight drawback there were low beams in the ensuite which if you are taller than 5ft 10 could be a painful experience. We had an evening meal in the restaurant very pleased with the food and the service. and breakfast was lovely, I had scrambled eggs and it was perfect. My husband is dairy free and they were very helpful suggesting alternatives for the evening meal and breakfast.

Room Tip: 'dawn from the past,' is at the back of the hotel with views over farmland' and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on the way to Stroud. Hot meals seemed pricey so we opted for sandwiches which had some more unusual fillings to what you would normally expect in a pub. Very quiet so service was good. Food tasty.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Daventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had been for a day out in Broadway and decided to try to find somewhere to eat on the way home. We stopped off at The Halford as we had seen it on our way through. It was a glorious sunny evening so we got to sit outside in the court yard which was gorgeous and very relaxing.
The menu came and we did raise our eye brows a little at the prices as they seemed a little high for a "pub" on the side of the road. We ordered and I have to say that when the food came we realised why the price was a little higher than an average pub.....the food was amazing, worth every penny. We didnt have dessert but watched others around us get theirs and I have to say they looked fantastic.
The Halford was a chance find but I can assure you we will be back, lovely place with fantastic food worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halford
Ettington Chase Hotel
Ettington Chase Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ettington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,359 reviews
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,407 reviews
Charingworth Manor
Charingworth Manor
#1 of 3 in Chipping Campden

Been to Halford Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!